This past weekend we headed to Mt. Angel, Oregon for their Oktoberfest. We had a great time visiting all the different artisan booths and we were happy to get some of our Christmas shopping for family members done. Yay! I splurged at one particular booth that sold Leonardo e Roberto’s Gourmet Blends because I just couldn’t resist the amazing vinegar flavors they had for sale. One of my favorite flavors they offered is a pear white balsamic vinegar that was full of pear flavor with a touch of sweetness. I immediately envisioned a pear vinaigrette tossed over a butter leaf salad with blue cheese, sliced pear, red onion, and candied pecans (although my husband and daughter had theirs with feta because they don’t care for blue cheese). The pear vinaigrette was a HUGE hit with all of us and it tasted amazing on our salads.
Combine the olive oil, vegetable oil, pear white balsamic vinegar, minced shallot, dijon mustard, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Whisk until well combined. Taste; add honey, to taste, if needed. Set aside to allow flavors to mingle.
When ready to serve, whisk well before drizzling over your salad. Enjoy.
- 3-4 tbsp pear white balsamic vinegar to taste*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Honey if needed, to taste
- *Side Note: We like a tangy vinaigrette if you don't, use less vinegar
- Combine the pear white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, vegetable oil, minced shallot, dijon mustard, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Whisk until well combined. Taste; add honey, to taste, if needed.
- Set aside to allow flavors to mingle.
- When ready to serve, whisk well before drizzling over your salad. Enjoy.