The weather has been hot for the last several days and my strawberry patch continues to pump out berries. So far, I’ve made a strawberry crisp, a skillet cobbler, a batch of strawberry freezer jam, and a batch of strawberry sauce. That doesn’t even include all the raw berries we’ve been eating too! It’s been our best year yet and we couldn’t be happier. My son had a few buddies over on the afternoon of the last day of school and they had a lot of fun with water balloons on the trampoline while eating loads of junk food and playing video games. I surprised them with these strawberry lemonade slush drinks to help cool them down and keep they hydrated plus I was able to use some of our home grown strawberries. The boys all deemed these drinks delicious and VERY blog worthy. I had a sip of the remaining bit in the blender and it was really tasty and super refreshing! I have a feeling making myself an adult slush this weekend is going to happen!
Place the ice, hulled berries, water, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender. Blend for a couple of minutes or until well blended and super slushy. Serve immediately with lemon slices. Enjoy.
Strawberry Lemonade Slush
- 4 cups of ice
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries hulled & washed
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 4 lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar more to taste if needed depending on sweetness of berries
- Place the ice, hulled berries, water, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes or until well blended and super slushy.
- Serve immediately with lemon slices. Enjoy.