Green Bean Bacon Wrapped Bundles

Green beans and bacon go so well together! I’ve been seeing these little bundles all over the internet lately but I wasn’t too interested in them because the recipes I saw had them covered in brown sugar. While I am sure that would taste good, they obviously wouldn’t be that great for us. I decided to do my own version of these little bundles without the brown sugar. They smelled fantastic while they baked, looked great when I served them, and tasted wonderful. We all, kids included, loved these little bundles. I served these green beans with some roasted chicken drumsticks and Scalloped Potatoes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.

Wash the green beans (I used haricot verts) then place them on a plate. Drizzle with the olive oil then season with garlic powder, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; toss to coat evenly. Cut the slices in half then wrap 10 or so green beans with half a piece of bacon then place seam side down in the baking dish.

Side Note: Haricot verts are very small and thin – if you use regular green beans, you will use fewer in each bundle and will probably need to cook them a little longer.

Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy and green beans are crisp tender. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy.

Green Bean Bacon Wrapped Bundles

Yield: 4 bundles

Prep Time: 5 min.

Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:

4 oz green beans, ends removed
1 tsp olive oil
Garlic powder, to taste
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
2 slices of bacon, cut in half

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.

Side Note: Haricot verts are very small and thin - if you use regular green beans, you will use fewer in each bundle and will probably need to cook them a little longer.

13 Responses to “Green Bean Bacon Wrapped Bundles”

gloria — April 28, 2014 @ 8:40 pm

Look beautiful Pam!!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — April 29, 2014 @ 12:49 am

I am so making those this weekend. They are so delicious!

Natalie @ Tastes Lovely — April 29, 2014 @ 8:15 am

What a perfect little side dish! Bacon just seems to make everything better.

Louise — April 29, 2014 @ 9:37 am

Hi Pam!

What a GREAT idea! I’ve seen many bundles of bacon wrapped asparagus, yes, some of them use way too much brown sugar, but, I have never seen a green bean wrap. I’m not crazy about green beans. However, I’d give them a try this way. As you said, green beans and bacon go so well together. This way would be new to me!

Helen @ Scrummy Lane — April 29, 2014 @ 11:04 am

What a great idea, Pam! These look so pretty on the plate. Good enough to serve at a dinner party, I think!

Mary — April 29, 2014 @ 11:06 am

I’ve actually never thought of making bacon with green beans – it’s brilliant!
    Mary

Larry — April 29, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

They look good Pam – we just had some the other day ourselves that Bev found in the freezer.

Marjie — April 29, 2014 @ 12:18 pm

Everything seems to be better with bacon, and I’m sure green beans are no exception!

Jovina Coughlin — April 29, 2014 @ 4:40 pm

A great way to make green beans. Get tired of the same old recipes. I bet these have a great deal of flavor.

yellowfish — April 29, 2014 @ 7:04 pm

What a good idea! And they are such cute little bundles, perfect for serving a group where everyone can just take one! Definitely going to try it.

Kim in MD — May 1, 2014 @ 4:24 am

I love everything about these bundles and I am going to make them for dinner tonight! Pam- was your bacon par cooked before wrapping the green beans? I often find the bacon doesn’t get crisp enough when baking dishes like this, but yours looks perfectly crisp!

Joanne — May 1, 2014 @ 7:57 am

I think the brown sugar would have been overkill…you made the right decision to omit it…these look great as is!

Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon | A New York Foodie — June 1, 2014 @ 5:04 pm

[...] I was looking for a recipe for some fresh green beans that I bought and I saw these on Pam from For the Love of Cooking’s blog. They looked really good so I decided to give them a try. I used turkey bacon instead of the [...]