Baked Barbecue Ribs

I took my kids to the grocery store after I picked them up from school to pick up some things for dinner. I planned on making barbecue chicken breasts but they both saw the ribs and asked me to make barbecue ribs instead. I seasoned them simply then wrapped them in foil and baked them for an hour. I unwrapped the ribs then slathered them in barbecue sauce and put them back in the oven to bake for another hour. The ribs turned out tender and so flavorful. We all enjoyed them – especially my husband who took the leftovers to work today. I served these ribs with the Roasted Asparagus with Garlicky Italian Panko and a spinach side dish that will post tomorrow.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil (for easier clean up).

Remove the silverskin membrane from the back of the ribs. See how to do it here. Spread the minced garlic evenly over both sides of the ribs. Season, to taste, with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika evenly over both sides of the ribs. Place the seasoned ribs on a large piece of foil then top with another piece of  foil and roll all of the edges to make a sealed packet. Place on the baking sheet and into the oven and bake for 1 hour.

Carefully, open the tin foil packed ribs then slather with your favorite barbecue sauce. Place back into the oven, unwrapped, for another hour. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let them rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing them and serving. Enjoy.

Baked Barbecue Ribs

Prep Time: 5 min.

Cook Time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

1 pack of baby back pork ribs
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
Paprika, to taste
Barbecue sauce

Directions:

Remove the silverskin membrane from the back of the ribs. See how to do it here. Spread the minced garlic evenly over both sides of the ribs. Season, to taste, with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika evenly over both sides of the ribs. Place the seasoned ribs on a large piece of foil then top with another piece of foil and roll all of the edges to make a sealed packet. Place on the baking sheet and into the oven and bake for 1 hour.

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking

35 Responses to “Baked Barbecue Ribs”

Trish — March 20, 2013 @ 8:26 pm

I’ve never made my own ribs because it seemed like it was a hard process, but this is so easy! Totally making them this weekend :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — March 20, 2013 @ 9:54 pm

Oh man, I haven’t had homemade ribs in forever. But that will change very, very soon. Plus, Jason is coming into town for a week for spring break so this is definitely a must!

Anne ~ Uni Homemaker — March 20, 2013 @ 11:06 pm

The ribs look mouthwatering! Don’t you just love Sweet Baby Ray’s? They’re fantastic! Lovely post Pam.

Krystal — March 21, 2013 @ 12:29 am

Yum! I have never made ribs because I just thought that for some reason they would take too long and be too complicated, but this I could totally do. Thanks!

Jenn — March 21, 2013 @ 5:26 am

Mmmmmmm… barbecue!!! They look awesome, Pam!!

Lia — March 21, 2013 @ 5:49 am

Hi Pam,
    Absolutely delightful and so, but so mouth watering!!
    Lia.

Mary — March 21, 2013 @ 6:44 am

These ribs look awesome, Pam. I was already craving that asparagus and now I want the whole meal!

Peggy Recker — March 21, 2013 @ 6:49 am

Oh gosh these sound great. Haven’t had ribs in a long time.

teresa — March 21, 2013 @ 10:25 am

mmm, there are very few things i love more than a gorgeous rack of ribs. these look wonderful! your photos are so beautiful and clean!

Jersey Girl Cooks — March 21, 2013 @ 10:40 am

My husband makes ribs on the grill but every once in a while we like cooking them in the oven. This is one of my family’s favorites!

Andie — March 21, 2013 @ 12:22 pm

do you think these can be alternatively done in the crockpot the same way?

Marjie — March 21, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

BBQ ribs are always a huge hit! I don’t wrap mine; I just put them tightly in a baking dish and cover them well. Sometimes it’s nice when the kids pick out something a little different for dinner, isn’t it?

Larry — March 21, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

They look just right Pam. I cooked up about a dozen slabs in the smoker yesterday and some will be tonight’s dinner.

Chris — March 21, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

Ribs ribs ribs, I love ribs.
    To quote the great Harry Carey, “Hey! If the moon was made out of spare ribs, would you eat it? I know I would.”

Kailley @ Kailley's Kitchen — March 21, 2013 @ 6:15 pm

This recipe sounds entirely delicious!

Joanne — March 21, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

You can’t argue with the kids! They know what they want. :)

Blond Duck — March 21, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

Did you make your own sauce?

You have smart kids, btw.

Jean | Delightful Repast — March 21, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

Pam, those ribs look perfectly done – perfectly!

Jeff @ Cheeseburger — March 21, 2013 @ 7:15 pm

This barbecue ribs looks so yummy. Plus cooking it is easy.

Words Of Deliciousness — March 21, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

My family would love this. Your ribs look wonderful.

Spinach Sauté with Grape Tomatoes, Feta Cheese, and Toasted Pine Nuts | My Best Cookbook — March 21, 2013 @ 8:42 pm

[...] wanted a healthy and delicious side dish to pair with the Baked Barbecue Ribs and Roasted Asparagus with Garlikcy Panko that I recently made for dinner. I grabbed some spinach [...]

jd — March 21, 2013 @ 8:46 pm

Made these for dinner tonight. Not only were they a breeze to make, but so juicy and tender and tasty! I also made the panko asparagus, I never want to eat asparagus any other way. Once again, For the Love of Cooking is responsible for another dining success!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — March 22, 2013 @ 2:19 am

The ribs look droolworthy, Pam.

grace — March 22, 2013 @ 4:16 am

guess what my favorite aspect of this is…if you said the saucy glaze, you’re right! i love me some sweet baby ray’s. :)

Jovina Coughlin — March 22, 2013 @ 9:41 am

Great recipe. Love that is is quick and easy. I have to try this for sure.

Lisa — June 15, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

This is my third time making these – a Father’s day request! Going to serve with pasta with pesto and a green salad with poppy seed dressing. MMMMM!

Somalii — August 2, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

It was my first time making ribs and it came out amazing!!!!! The meat was so tender. Thank you!

Lindsey Dunn — December 15, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

Made them tonight and they were relish!!

• Lindsey Dunn replied: — December 15th, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

Delish!

Matthew Peterson — January 30, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

Soooo good. Good job!!! Another way if you have a grill is to grill wrapped for an hour and oven for an hour.. But this is a good recipe !!!

Lina — February 26, 2014 @ 4:09 am

these ribs were great!! and so easy to prepare!! I’ve made ribs in the oven before and it always took a long time to bake!! I will definitely make these again and again!! my family loved them! thank you for allowing us to have ribs any time!!
    I originally baked them and then had to leave them in the refrigerator for a couple of days before we were able to eat them and I think that really intensified the flavor of the BBQ sauce and the ribs! SOOOO GOOOD!! YUM!

Sharon Gust — March 8, 2014 @ 6:49 pm

You got to try this recipe, it’s the easiest and most delicious one ever!!! My husband loves the ribs, but I just don’t like to make it, because all the recipes I’ve tried are all taking so much time for preparation and cooking. This turns out easy and yummy!!!

Sylvia — March 13, 2014 @ 9:38 pm

Ribs were delicious with great flavor. This was the easiest recipe! Made them tonight with blanched asparagus and white rice. Thanks for the recipe!

Sunday Dinner BBQ Ribs « The Steel Apron — March 25, 2014 @ 5:52 pm

[...] recipes site is http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2013/03/baked-barbecue-ribs-2.htmlNow I had to double the foil because it kept tearing and substituted powdered garlic for minced [...]

Denise — April 18, 2014 @ 11:43 am

Ribs in the oven as I type. If they taste as good as they smell I’m in trouble.