Halloween Fun ~ Creepy Smiles & Carrot Fingers

My husband had to work through dinner on Monday so I decided to make a fun and festive Halloween meal for my kids.  First up, were these fun and silly creepy smiles & carrot fingers. I was inspired by several different website with Halloween ideas for your kids’ meals.  My kids gobbled them all up and I never once had to remind them to eat their veggies.  You can’t beat that! I’ll post the other spooktacular recipes from this dinner soon.

Cut a slice down the center of the pea pods lengthwise through both sides of the pod.  Place a piece of baby bell pepper into the center of the slice.  Add a few almond slivers inside for the fangs.

Peel the carrots and cut them into finger length pieces.  Place a bit of the cheese on the back of the almond slice then place on the tip of the carrot to look like a finger nail.  Place on a plate and serve.  Enjoy.

Halloween Fun ~ Creepy Smiles & Carrot Fingers

Yield: 2

Prep Time: 10 min.

Total Time: 10 min.

Ingredients:

Creepy Smiles:

4 snow pea pods, slit through the center
2 baby bell peppers, seeded & sliced into tongue shapes
Almond slivers

Carrot Fingers:

4 carrots, peeled & cut to finger length
Laughing cow cheese wedge
Almond slices

Directions:

Cut a slice down the center of the pea pods lengthwise through both sides of the pod. Place a piece of baby bell pepper into the center of the slice. Add a few almond slivers inside for the fangs.

Peel the carrots and cut them into finger length pieces. Place a bit of the cheese on the back of the almond slice then place on the tip of the carrot to look like a finger nail. Place on a plate and serve. Enjoy.

Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net

25 Responses to “Halloween Fun ~ Creepy Smiles & Carrot Fingers”

Katarina — October 23, 2012 @ 8:10 pm

Hihi, these are fun!

Kris — October 23, 2012 @ 9:28 pm

How fun! I need to do this!!!
    XO Kris

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — October 23, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

These are just too cute, and healthy!

Diane — October 23, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

Bet the kids loved them. Diane

Carmen Rosa — October 24, 2012 @ 1:46 am

These are funny!!!!

Katy's Eats — October 24, 2012 @ 3:54 am

I love it !

Kim in MD — October 24, 2012 @ 4:27 am

Ha! I laughed out loud when I saw that first photo! :-) What a fun, cool Mom you are, Pam. I can’t wait to see more spooktacular recipes!

NooCniK — October 24, 2012 @ 4:41 am

The first photo is awesome! :D I love these scary smiles. I want to eat one ;)
    strony www

Jenn's Food Journey — October 24, 2012 @ 5:25 am

What a fun idea! Makes eating your veggies even that much more exciting!!

Chris — October 24, 2012 @ 5:34 am

Really cute Pam, I know your kids went crazy over these, they’d even be fun for adults too!

A New York Foodie — October 24, 2012 @ 6:55 am

thats a great idea! Even though I have adult children, I bet they still would get a kick out of this. Very cute idea

Joanne — October 24, 2012 @ 10:00 am

Adorable! And what a great way to get kids to eat veggies. :)

Peggy Recker — October 24, 2012 @ 11:01 am

Those look like fun! Hope your kids enjoyed them.

Marjie — October 24, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

Poor Guy! Bet he’s sorry he missed the fun.

teresa — October 24, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

eeeeh, these are SO fun! i love those tongues hanging out!

Rhonda — October 24, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

My sister used to have Fall parties when her kids were younger, these would have been so perfect.

Halloween Fun ~ Hot Dog Mummies Halloween Fun ~ Hot Dog Mummies | Cookbook | OniMag - Trend 'n Life — October 24, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

[...] served these hot dog mummies along with the creepy smiles and carrot fingers as a fun Halloween inspired dinner for my kids.  Needless to say, this meal [...]

Words Of Deliciousness — October 24, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

These are so cute. What a great way to serve vegetables to your kids, I can see why they enjoyed eating them.

Halloween Fun ~ Hot Dog Mummies | My Best Cookbook — October 24, 2012 @ 11:01 pm

[...] served these hot dog mummies along with the creepy smiles and carrot fingers as a fun Halloween inspired dinner for my kids.  Needless to say, this meal was [...]

Angie@Angie's Recipes — October 25, 2012 @ 7:19 am

They are CUTE!

Halloween Fun ~ Dracula’s Dentures Dracula’s Dentures | Cookbook | OniMag - Trend 'n Life — October 25, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

[...] for my kids in celebration of Halloween.  I made Hot Dog Mummies for dinner alongside the Creepy Smiles and Carrot Fingers – needless to say, this meal was a huge hit with my kids.  For dessert, I [...]

Halloween Fun ~ Dracula’s Dentures | My Best Cookbook — October 25, 2012 @ 8:38 pm

[...] dinner for my kids in celebration of Halloween.  I made Hot Dog Mummies for dinner alongside the Creepy Smiles and Carrot Fingers – needless to say, this meal was a huge hit with my kids.  For dessert, I [...]

Chris — November 2, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Young lady, QUIT playing with your dinner and eat your vegetables!

Alex O — October 11, 2013 @ 9:09 am

Hi Pam!
    I absolutely love this idea! I write for DailyBurn.com, a health and fitness website, and I’d love to share this awesome recipe with our readers. Please email me at DBEditorial@dailyburn.com and we can go from there!

Best,
    Alex

9 Spook-tacular Gluten-Free Halloween Recipes - Life by DailyBurn — October 17, 2013 @ 4:15 am

[...] Creepy Veggie Smiles and Fingers Five minutes and five ingredients are all you need to transform ordinary carrots and peppers into [...]