Have you ever…

… felt like just NOT cooking?  Well, I did this weekend.  I seriously did NOT cook anything all weekend long.  It was absolutely, unbelievably beautiful here in Portland this weekend, which was especially wonderful after a long week of rain!  The sun was shining without a single cloud in the sky, and we had such a great time playing outside at the creek, going to my son’s soccer game, having a few beers on the patio with friends, eating outside at restaurants, and going to our friends house for dinner.  So here I am, sitting at my computer, and I have no new recipes for you… but I have a huge smile on my sunburned face!

Instead of a new recipe I will leave you with a few old favorite recipes that I have been craving lately.   I’ll be back to cooking tomorrow.

Grilled Steak with Avocado Sauce

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes

Asian Noodle Salad

Chicken Piccata

Reuben Sliders

30 Responses to “Have you ever…”

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 22, 2012 @ 9:07 pm

Great round-up of recipes. And yes, I definitely have those days. It’s nice to take a break once in a while, or just to cook without having to worry about beautiful pictures.

jackie @ marin mama cooks — April 22, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

Hi Pam! I so have those weekends (more often than you would think)! I totally took off this weekend as well as it was gorgeous down here. Who want’s to be inside cooking when it’s a blissful 85 degrees out? Not me! I want to be out socializing, hiking, playing and just being in nature. Blogs are a pain when all you want to do is relax and not think about food. I am glad you gave yourself a well deserved break and let others cook for you!

Diane — April 23, 2012 @ 2:06 am

Wow that steak looks just perfect and left me with my mouth watering. I often feel like not cooking nowadays. Lucky for me Nigel has a few skills in the kitchen that are improving :) Diane

Kim in MD — April 23, 2012 @ 4:25 am

I’m a foodie, and cooking is my passion, but I TOTALLY have days where I don’t feel like cooking! I’m so glad you had some great weather and took time to enjoy it!

Anne — April 23, 2012 @ 5:29 am

That’s exactly how I can get! We don’t eat out very much because we often wait until I don’t feel like cooking. But it’s even more of a treat then! Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

Jenn's Food Journey — April 23, 2012 @ 5:34 am

Why is it that most food bloggers I know stress themselves out over cooking? I do it too, trust me…. But yet, our readers will still tune in even if we don’t post every day. We are our own worse enemies, that is for sure! Glad you got to enjoy the weekend… you deserve to take some time away from cooking!

Peggy Recker — April 23, 2012 @ 5:52 am

I wondered how you kept coming up with all the new recipes. I am that way way with art right now. I think since I do it all winter, I get burned out this time of year.

Martha — April 23, 2012 @ 7:23 am

I’m glad you took the weekend off to enjoy family, friends, and sunshine! Nothing like it! We all need a break at times!

Stephanie Campbell — April 23, 2012 @ 7:40 am

Thanks for the recipes. I’m in Seattle, we had a gorgeous weekend too. It was really needed after all the rain.

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook — April 23, 2012 @ 7:41 am

Great round up! I’m with you, when the weather is beautiful, there’s not much going on in the kitchen! Enjoy!

Kris — April 23, 2012 @ 7:41 am

Glad you had such a nice weekend! Sometimes, you just need to hang up your apron!!!!
    XO Kris

Mary — April 23, 2012 @ 8:10 am

You’ve reminded me of those reuben sliders again! I need to get them on my menu asap. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad you enjoyed the kitchen break. I enjoy that every so often as well. Have a blessed week!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 23, 2012 @ 10:13 am

Wow, that steak is truly mouthwatering looking, Pam! Great collection of recipes. And yes, I couldn’t agree more about those days – or weekends – when you just don’t feel like lifting a spatula! Had a lovely string of those days this past weekend.

Carmen Rosa — April 23, 2012 @ 10:25 am

I enjoy with your recipes….but I´m Glad you had such a nice weekend!!!!

Larry — April 23, 2012 @ 11:44 am

They all look good, but the linguini and clam sauce makes me want to crawl in my computer after it.

Grubarazzi (@Grubarazzi) — April 23, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

when I’m up to my neck in work, school and trying to maintain sanity, cooking takes a back seat. I know the feeling! But these recipes are wonderful. I especially love the avocado sauce…wow. My kind of meal right there.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — April 23, 2012 @ 12:36 pm

Sometimes you just have to take a couple days to really enjoy life before it passes you by! The stead with avocado sounds delicious! I am a fan of ANYthing with avocado!

Lidiane Sands — April 23, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

I’m with you…some days we just need to take some time off …..to refresh ideas and to play outside and get inspired!!

Marjie — April 23, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

I’ve been in a serious creativity slump of late. The nor’easter yesterday, today and tomorrow isn’t helping any. So at least I’m not the only one who wasn’t cooking anything interesting this weekend – or for a week or so. Glad you had a nice weekend.

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen — April 23, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

Yep, plenty of times I don’t feel like cooking. Great round-up of your favorites. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. We all need some time away from the kitchen from time to time.
    Sam

gloria — April 23, 2012 @ 3:23 pm

Oh I know you say Pam, but really all these delicious need something you put in but understand, anyway all look delicious I love avocado sauce in this neat LOL

The UDG — April 23, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

We celebrated my birthday all weekend long so I didn’t cook a thing, except for dinner yesterday which took all of ten minutes.

Rhonda (@diningalone) — April 23, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

The steak with avocado looks amazing. I am glad you could get outside and have some fun.

Joanne — April 23, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

IT happens to me more often than I care to admit. I call those “sushi weekends” :P Hope you had fun!

Blond Duck — April 23, 2012 @ 7:35 pm

Even the queen of cooking needs a break!

Words Of Deliciousness — April 23, 2012 @ 7:56 pm

Sounds like you had a great weekend, we all need that once in a while.

Angie@Angie's Recipes — April 24, 2012 @ 6:27 am

It happens to me very often!! We all need a break. I want some linguine with clam sauce ;-) Very tasty!

Cynthia — April 25, 2012 @ 6:28 am

always love your recipes!!!
    you live in Portland?I’m Indonesian, but my uncle lives there too. He’s an american now..hahahaha..

Maddie — April 26, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

I love anything with guac but I never thought to pair it with a steak! I don’t blame you for not cooking during the beautiful weather- it’s one of those times you have a good excuse to sit outside at a restaurant or two!

Chris — April 28, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

Heck yeah, I definitely have days like that! That’s why I only post 2-3 times a week.