Roasted Vegetable and Swiss Cheese Baked Frittata

I was craving roasted veggies and I was in the mood for breakfast for dinner so I decided to throw some roasted veggies and Swiss cheese together with eggs to make a tasty and flavorful baked frittata.  I loved how healthy yet hearty this dish was.  My kids, who don’t like eggs, didn’t try it.  My husband and I really enjoyed it.  Frittatas are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  I am looking forward to having the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil then coat with cooking spray.

Boil the sliced potatoes in a pot of water for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.

Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350. Place some of the roasted veggies into the bottom of the tart pan; next add a bit of the Swiss cheese.

Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the frittata cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy.

Roasted Vegetable and Swiss Cheese Baked Frittata

Yield: 4-5

Prep Time: 25-30 minutes

Cook Time: 20-25 minutes

Total Time: 50-55 Minutes

Ingredients:

Drizzle of olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
Several button mushrooms, quartered
7-8 baby fingerling potatoes, sliced
Handful of broccoli florets
Grape tomatoes
Asparagus, wooden ends removed & cut into thirds
7 eggs
3 tbsp milk
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
2 slices of Swiss cheese, diced

Directions:

Boil the sliced potatoes in a pot of water for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.

Place the sliced potatoes, onion, mushrooms, and broccoli on the prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and roast for 15 minutes; add the asparagus and tomatoes then continue to roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.

Place some of the roasted veggies into the bottom of the tart pan; next add a bit of the Swiss cheese. Combine the eggs with the milk then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Whisk the eggs until they are mixed thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture into the tart pan then add the remaining roasted veggie mixture and Swiss cheese to the top.

Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the frittata cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy.

19 Responses to “Roasted Vegetable and Swiss Cheese Baked Frittata”

gloria — March 8, 2012 @ 4:04 am

your fritatta look adorable i was thinking that i have to buy some vegetablrs today and you reminds me Pam. lol

Jenn's Food Journey — March 8, 2012 @ 4:22 am

You are like the Queen of Fritattas, Pam! I know I have said this before.. I’ve never been a huge fan of them.. but dang, ever time I see yours I want to run to the kitchen to make one!! They always look so wonderful!

Kim in MD — March 8, 2012 @ 5:16 am

Oh my gosh, Pam…I love all of your frittata recipes (I haven’t made one that I didn’t love!), but I think this one will be my favorite to date! I especially love the roasted vegetables. YUM!

Martha — March 8, 2012 @ 5:30 am

full of flavor I am sure! looks so good – your kids missed out! but knowing you I’m sure they had something yummy too :)

Joanne — March 8, 2012 @ 10:58 am

What a great way to use up a fridge full of miscellaneous veggies! Can’t believe the kids don’t like eggs…crazy.

Marjie — March 8, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

I have some kids who love eggs, and some who hate them. They are funny in their likes and dislikes, aren’t they? Your fritata looks great.

TheKitchenGeeks — March 8, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

That looks amazing. I absolutley love how roasting brings out the sweetness in veggies. And I think my fussy kids would eat this if I just left out those pesky tomatoes…. I miss tomatoes.

Jersey Girl Cooks — March 8, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

Such a beautiful looking Frittata! Love how you added potatoes too.

Words Of Deliciousness — March 8, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

This is my idea of a great breakfast. This would be a great way to start your morning out.

best cooking oil — March 9, 2012 @ 5:05 am

Your blog could be inspiration for the people who had never visited your site. I am inspired from your recipes.

Angie@Angie's Recipes — March 9, 2012 @ 11:42 am

Is there any other fritttatas better than this?! This looks fantastic.

Chris — March 12, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

You know I love the roasted veggies, it makes them edible, lol.
    Great frittata!

Sandra Hale — March 12, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

I made this frittata this very night and LOVED it! My husband isn’t crazy about swiss cheese (I am!) so I deferred to his taste and used sharp cheddar. A truly fabulous recipe. I love your blog . . . keep cooking!

Lila Sue Roberts — March 28, 2012 @ 6:47 pm

Made this for brunch. It was wonderful!

KristiLove — May 8, 2012 @ 5:40 am

Love this recipe. Use it as a base for frittatas. Make at least twice a week. Thanks, Pam.

Katie — July 31, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

I am currently on a diet and am trying this frittata tonight. (Cooking as I type this) :) I used fat free cheese instead of regular and chose sharp cheddar instead of swiss. I also kept out the broccoli and added more asparagus instead. I think it would taste great with some bacon but for diet purposes I’m trying to disregard that thought! It’s an excellent Weight Watchers choice, that’s for sure.

Pablo — August 12, 2012 @ 9:50 am

had some left over veggies from grilled shish kebob — and used them in the recipe for Sunday brunch. It was delicious.

easy baking recipes — November 6, 2012 @ 11:29 pm

Absolutely wonderful. This tasted as good as it looked on the images here. Perfect recipe for my family. (They been eating too much meat lately bleh!)

Friday Randoms | — March 28, 2014 @ 6:51 am

[...] If you follow on instagram then you have seen a couple of my go-to recipes, Baked Egg Rolls & Italian Frittata. Mike’s uncle lives in the midwest and he and his wife own and run a restaurant. He visited [...]