Turkey Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushroom, Olive, and Jalapeno Pizza

I had plans with a girlfriend for dinner so I made a quick pizza for my husband and two little mini pepperoni pizzas for my children for dinner.  My husband finds this particular pizza dough and sauce a little bland for his tastes so he likes it if  I season the dough with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.  He also likes it if I add a bit more sea salt and freshly cracked pepper as well as some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce to give it more flavor.  I cooked up some turkey Italian sausage before layering it on the pizza along with turkey pepperoni, fresh mushroom slices, black olives, and some fresh jalapenos for a kick.  Using store bought dough and sauce makes this meal so simple and easy to put together and cooks really quickly.  My husband was thrilled that he didn’t have to cook dinner!

Side Note:  Please let me know if you had to hit refresh to view this new recipe so I know if the website is working properly or not.  Thank you!!!

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Remove the dough from the bag & let it sit on a floured surface for 20 minutes.  This helps the dough become easier to work with.

Remove the turkey Italian sausage from their casings then cook it in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through and in crumbles.

Spread dough on a pizza sheet that has been coated with cooking spray and a sprinkle of corn meal; season with seas salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Mix some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce, if desired, and mix well. Spoon the sauce on the dough and spread evenly. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over followed by the sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, and jalapeno slices.

Place pizza into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven then slice and serve immediately. Enjoy.

Turkey Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushroom, Olive, and Jalapeno Pizza

Yield: 1

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 15-20 minutes

Total Time: 20-25 minutes

Ingredients:

Cooking spray
Corn meal
1/2 of a pizza dough (I used the other half for my kids pizzas)
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, if desired
Pizza sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste, if desired
Mozzarella cheese
3 links of turkey Italian sausage, removed from casings and cooked
Handful of turkey pepperoni
Sliced mushrooms, sliced very thin
Black olives
Jalapeno, sliced very thin

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the dough from the bag & let it sit on a floured surface for 20 minutes. This helps the dough become easier to work with.

23 Responses to “Turkey Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushroom, Olive, and Jalapeno Pizza”

Merin — February 20, 2012 @ 12:35 am

love the pizza.do you have a recipe for the sauce?

you’re website works ok.i didn’t hit refresh.

Martha — February 20, 2012 @ 3:17 am

looks perfect! and super delicious!!

Cooking Lady — February 20, 2012 @ 3:59 am

The pizza looks fantastic, gives me ideas for makeing pizza at home. Thanks for sharing.

Alicia — February 20, 2012 @ 4:14 am

didn’t have to ‘refresh’ this time … I think you’ve got it working again! Love your site!

Blond Duck — February 20, 2012 @ 4:53 am

I just drooled on the keyboard.

Kim in MD — February 20, 2012 @ 5:04 am

I made homemade pizza for my family last night, and now I am wishing that I had put sausage on our pizzas instead of pepperoni! This looks so delicious, Pam!

JoAnn — February 20, 2012 @ 5:46 am

I was able to see your post today and on Friday without hitting refresh. I think you have the problems solved. Looking forward to seeing (and trying) your yummy recipes everyday!

Jenn's Food Journey — February 20, 2012 @ 6:07 am

I love the addition of jalapenos here! I bet this was fantastic!!!

JD — February 20, 2012 @ 6:25 am

How do you roll out your crust into the perfect circle. I always struggle with this. I love to buy the dough and roll it out myself (love Trader Joes kind) but it is always frustrating and time consuming to get it into a cirlce. I find using a roller is too hard. I find using my hands to stretch it makes for a lop sided crust.

• Pam replied: — February 20th, 2012 @ 7:33 am

Remove the dough from the bag & let it sit on a floured surface for 20 minutes. This helps the dough become easier to work with. I use my hands to form a ball and it doesn’t always turn out perfectly even but I find it’s easier than trying to roll it out. I hope this helps.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 20, 2012 @ 8:07 am

What a great combo of flavors! Looks delicious, Pam. I would kick up the flavor in the pizza sauce with dried oregano and basil, too.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — February 20, 2012 @ 9:57 am

I love the idea of seasoning the crust for more flavor! We can’t have pizza without red pepper flakes!

Sue — February 20, 2012 @ 10:58 am

I love pizzas full of Veggies and Meats. This looks better than any kind out take out.

Marjie — February 20, 2012 @ 11:24 am

The great thing about pizza is that you can do whatever you want with it! I’m sure your family really enjoyed this.

Leslie — February 20, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

No refresh needed today!

Brother Rick — February 20, 2012 @ 4:32 pm

Hi Pam, seems to be working good on my end. I’m definately going to have to make this one… love pizza!

Words Of Deliciousness — February 20, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

This pizza looks wonderful. I love the toppings that you have put on this one.

Beth — February 20, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

Your pizza looks terrific. No wonder your husband was happy with it!

Carol @There's Always Thyme to Cook — February 20, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

The pizza looks fantastic! I like the flavors, especially the crushed red pepper and jalapeno! Great idea to season the crust. Your site is working fine for me, didn’t have to refresh or anything.

Susan — February 20, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Pam, I emailed you a few weeks ago about being stuck on 1/27 with Google Chrome, but not any more! Now your site comes right up, no refreshing or going to other browsers required. Thank you!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — February 20, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

I love all the toppings you chose for this pizza. And it’s so great that you’re using turkey sausage and turkey pepperoni. Will have to try this, especially since I just bought a pizza stone :)

Zee — February 20, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

That’s exactly MY kind of pizza ;)
    Lovi’n it

Jessica Anne — February 28, 2012 @ 1:47 am

Wow. The ingredients chosen are great…I think the only thing missing is a homemade crust. I have made crusts before and it makes all the difference! :) Love the great ideas. Keep it up.