Italian Panko and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

I love quick and simple recipes that taste fantastic and this is one of them.  I combined some Parmesan cheese with Italian seasoned panko crumbs together to make a tasty crust that made these pork chops really delicious.  The pork turned out moist and tender on the inside and crunchy and flavorful on the outside.  We all, kids included, gobbled up these chops and enjoyed each and every bite.  You can’t beat a 6 ingredient recipe that tastes this great!!

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with tin foil then coat with cooking spray.

Combine the Italian seasoned panko crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and mix well.  Dip the pork chops in the beaten egg before coating both sides of each chop evenly with the panko mixture.  Place on the baking sheet then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 145 degrees.  Turn the oven to broil and cook for a minute or two (watching very carefully) so the top crust gets golden brown.  Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy.

Italian Panko and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Yield: 4

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 20-25 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

3 bone in pork chops
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of Italian seasoned panko crumbs
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil then coat with cooking spray.

Combine the Italian seasoned panko crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Dip the pork chops in the beaten egg before coating both sides of each chop evenly with the panko mixture. Place on the baking sheet then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 145 degrees. Turn the oven to broil and cook for a minute or two (watching very carefully) so the top crust gets golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy.

40 Responses to “Italian Panko and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops”

Adele — February 9, 2012 @ 4:33 am

I love Panko and Parmesan together – simple, but so much flavor!

Chelsea — February 9, 2012 @ 4:47 am

Oooh! I love doing chicken this way, but I’d never thought to do pork chops! This sounds fantastic!

Blog is the New Black — February 9, 2012 @ 10:35 am

Quite literally you read my mine! I was looking for parmesan pork recipes last night as my fiance requested it! Looks delish!

Larry — February 9, 2012 @ 11:06 am

These made my mouth water – I believe we’re having pork chops for supper tonight.

Blond Duck — February 9, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

Delicious!

Kim in MD — February 9, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

YUM! Crunchy, crispy, moist and tender pork chops…what’s not to love about this recipe? I love your photo with the roasted tomatoes, Pam!

Jenn's Food Journey — February 9, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

Those look like perfection! I’d love one right now.. I don’t care that it’s 5:30am!!! love the panko-parmesan coating, I’ve used it before on fish and chicken.

Diane — February 9, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

These sound perfect to me so quick and easy and I bet they are delicious. Diane

Beth — February 9, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

This looks delicious, and so easy. Six ingredient recipes rock!

bellini — February 9, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

Pork chops and me love a beautiful crispy coating like this!

Peggy Recker — February 9, 2012 @ 1:49 pm

WOW this sounds really good.

Hazel — February 9, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

Delicious recipe for making pork so much more interesting, and crunchy!

Sues — February 9, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

I love panko! Especially when combined with parmesan :) This looks like a perfect meal!

Mary — February 9, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

This recipe looks so easy and tasteful!

Cooking Lady — February 9, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

These pork chops look really good and the recipe is a more healthier way than to frying thanks for sharing.

Danielle — February 9, 2012 @ 8:49 pm

Mmmm…I haven’t had pork chops in too long.

Marjie — February 9, 2012 @ 9:00 pm

6 ingredients is the best kind of recipe, isn’t it? We had pork roast last night. Must have been a good day for pork.

Joanne — February 10, 2012 @ 2:12 am

This is one of those recipes that everyone should have tucked away for a quick dinner!

Words Of Deliciousness — February 10, 2012 @ 2:29 am

I love these pork chops. The crust on these pork chops sounds good, I am sure they were very moist with it.

Victor @ Random Cuisine — February 10, 2012 @ 4:33 am

Definitely a dish that I want to eat. Crunchy outside tender inside. I love it. Have a nice day, Pam.

gloria — February 10, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

we love use panko Pam and these pork chops look delicious!!

Chris — February 11, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

Wow you’re getting famous, I see Adele took time out from the Grammy’s to comment on this post (ha ha, okay, not THAT Adele).
    That crispy crunchy crust looks so enticing, Pam!

Sophie — February 11, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

A lovely panko & Parmesan crusted pork chop! :)

Easy does it here! :)

Elizabeth — February 14, 2012 @ 6:11 pm

These were great! I served them with a side of steamed green beans. My husband, four year old and I gobbled them up. Thanks for all your delicious recipes!

Diane — February 21, 2012 @ 5:13 am

I made these for dinner last night. They were really good and easy to make. My whole family enjoyed them. I served with mashed cauliflower and sweet potato rounds. Thanks for all your recipes.

Maranda — February 22, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

These look A.Mazing!!!

Donna Fontaine — September 9, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

Yum Yum Yum! Added a tad more parm cheese and they were delish! I did have way too much bread crumbs wasted though. I had 6 thin/medium chops so I doubled the recipe. Would definitely cut down next time. This will be a new addition to our meal rotation :)

Vickie Georges — February 17, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

No flour? Isn’t that necessary to have panko adhere?
    Do you turn them over half way through?

How thick are these pork chops? I’m trying to adjust the cooking time.

• Pam replied: — February 17th, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

Vickie,

No flour. You use egg to help the panko adhere to the chops. No, you don’t turn them over halfway; you broil at the end to help the top side of the chops get golden brown. These were medium size chops… not super thin nor super thick.

• Vickie Georges replied: — February 17th, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

I didn’t think you’d see this so soon. Thank you, Pam!!!

My Mom always floured. I’m a “follow the recipe” kind of girl but was worried about the breading sticking.

If you don’t turn them over, does the bottom brown?

I have two chops….pretty thick…about an inch. I’ll probably have to cook longer.

• Pam replied: — February 17th, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

Vickie,

Mine browned nicely and broiling the top gave it a great color. We really enjoyed these chops – I hope you do too.

Joy — February 27, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

Awesome!!! Chops were so moist,so much flavor, no leftovers. Thanks for a great recipe!

Geralyn — March 20, 2013 @ 8:24 am

This was dinner last night. I am always super critical of the things that I make, but this was fabulous. Everybody had seconds. Love that there is no flour dipping step, love the broil finish. I was worried the undersides would be soggy, but they were as brown and crisp as the tops. This will be a new regular! Thanks!

Michelle — October 14, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

This recipe was SOOOOOO GREAT! EASY, FAST, and SOOO GOOD!! This is my new Pork Chop recipe. LOVE them!

Melody — January 30, 2014 @ 6:02 am

This is so good! I only had plain panko & no italian seasoning so I mixed garlic powder
    with the panko & parmesan instead. It turned out wonderful!

Tammy — March 25, 2014 @ 2:45 pm

These are sooooo good….I’m making tgem again tonight…….Yum!!!

Rosie Kav — April 3, 2014 @ 8:25 am

Thanks for a great easy recipe. One question… i dont have panko. would regular bread crumbs work. I know they wont be as crunchy but…?

• Pam replied: — April 3rd, 2014 @ 10:06 am

Rosie Kav,

I am sure regular bread crumbs will work fine, but you are right, they won’t be as crunchy.

Jason — October 28, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

Tried these a few nights ago. REALLY good. Did exactly how you said to do. They were good, but kinda soggy on the bottom, not crispy. So I did ‘em again tonight but cooked ‘em on a cake rack. No difference. I guess the only way to get both sides crispy is to turn ‘em over half way thru.

(Giveaway) Parm Crusted Pork Chops with Buttermilk-Sage Gravy | Noble Pig — December 11, 2014 @ 10:10 am

[...] Years Ago: Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce Other Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop Recipes you might enjoy: Italian Panko and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops Buttermilk Soaked Baked Parmesan Pork Chops Herb and Parmesan Crusted [...]