Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Icing

This is a must try cookie recipe!!! I made these tasty treats for dessert when we had friends over for dinner and they were a HUGE hit with everyone. The pumpkin flavor was amazing in these moist and soft cookies and the cinnamon icing made them extra special. I think I have a new favorite cookie – they are that good!

Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Icing:

• 2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Mix well.

In another bowl beat the pumpkin pie spice, butter, and sugar together with a mixer until creamy. Add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture until just combined.

Drop by the spoonful onto the silpat mat lined baking sheet; flatten slightly. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Cinnamon Icing:

• 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 3-4 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp melted butter

Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Place the cookies on a wire rack over waxed paper. Spoon the icing over the top of each cookie and spread around until covered. Serve with an ice cold glass of milk. Enjoy!

9 Responses to “Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Icing”

Becki Jacobs — October 28, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

These look and sound sooo good. I love icing on a cookie and pumpkin and cinnamon are such a great combination!

grace — October 29, 2011 @ 7:51 am

being anti-pumpkin as i am, i would've sailed right past this one except for the cinnamon icing. excellent touch!

CeCe Merrill Boger — October 30, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

Made them this morning, and added some raisins. They were a hit out on the tennis court.

Thanks Pam.

Trisha — October 31, 2011 @ 1:55 pm

I made these cookies to take to a dinner tonight and they are WONDERFUL!!! I love pumpkin and cinnamon so this is the perfect recipe for me. Thanks for another winner!

Julie at Burnt Carrots — October 31, 2011 @ 2:35 pm

Oh yum! I might be making these for breakfast today!

Cinnamon icing | Pixsimple — June 26, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

[...] For the Love of Cooking » Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon IcingOct 27, 2011 … The pumpkin flavor was amazing in these moist and soft cookies and the cinnamon icing made them extra special. I think I have a new favorite … [...]

Mel H — September 10, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

These look awesome! Just wondering how many cookies this recipe yields?

• Pam replied: — September 11th, 2013 @ 8:41 am

It makes 15 large cookies. I hope this helps.

Fall Flavor- Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Icing | the flavor chaser — October 6, 2013 @ 4:09 am

[...] Original Cookie Recipe [...]