Blueberry Pop Tarts

I had leftover blueberry pie filling and a couple of pie crusts in the refrigerator. I decided to make my kids an extra special after school snack so I made them homemade blueberry pop tarts. They couldn’t be any easier to make, they took little time to cook, and they made my kids VERY HAPPY. You can’t beat that!

Blueberry Pop Tarts:

• 1 cup blueberry pie filling
  • 2 pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp coarse sugar

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Place the pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into squares. Spoon a bit of the blueberry pie filling on one side of the square, making sure not to go to the edges. Fold the dough in half and gently seal the edges with your fingers. Take a fork and crimp the edges of the pop tart closed. Using a knife, carefully trim off the uneven edges.

Slice two little vents into the top of each pop tart. Brush the tops of each pop tart with the egg wash. Sprinkle each pop tart with the raw sugar.

Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a baking rack. Serve warm. Enjoy.

11 Responses to “Blueberry Pop Tarts”

Sun-Moon K. — September 18, 2011 @ 3:35 am

Oh wow, I'm feeling hungry already! And so simple! Have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

Chris — September 18, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

They are always so cute when you make them.

Pat's Pink Apron — September 18, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

What a delicious idea!

Love the blueberry.

Pat

The UDG — September 18, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

I cannot wait to get all settled in the new place so I can start cooking again, starting with these!

Inspired by eRecipeCards — September 18, 2011 @ 10:51 pm

Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com

It

HCG weight loss program — September 19, 2011 @ 12:22 pm

Perfect breakfast! Now off to find some goat cheese to pair this with~ :)

Marissa — September 19, 2011 @ 11:35 pm

this looks delicious! i'm gonna try a version of this and put the results on my baking blog =]

zipcarissa — September 21, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

What a great recipe idea and it looks so easy to make too! This is a great recipe since you could substitute the blueberry and use many other kinds of fruit fillings. This sounds delicious!

grace — September 21, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

confession: i eat blueberry pie filling by the spoonful. :)

Mandy — February 19, 2012 @ 10:52 pm

Do you think apple sauce would work? or would I need to thicken it? I have a picky eater that has texture issues and he’ll eat applesauce but not apples.

Blondie — March 8, 2012 @ 11:17 pm

Warm out of the oven, these would make a great dessert served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.