Stuffed Yellow Squash

I picked up some yellow squash at the store and decided to stuff them with a bit of leftover marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoned panko crumbs. This dish couldn’t be easier to make and it turned out fantastic! I think this is my new favorite way to eat yellow squash. Quick, simple, and tasty – you can’t beat that!

Stuffed Yellow Squash:

• Olive oil or cooking spray
  • 2 yellow squash
  • 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
  • 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 4 tbsp Italian seasoned panko crumbs
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking dish with a bit of olive oil or cooking spray.

Cut the yellow squash in half lengthwise then slightly scoop out the filling down the center of the zucchini. Spoon the marinara down the center of each yellow squash equally.

Next sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the marinara. Finally, sprinkle the top of each yellow squash boat with the panko crumbs.

Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy.

8 Responses to “Stuffed Yellow Squash”

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry — April 14, 2011 @ 4:01 pm

Wow that looks good! I love finding new ways to serve up some squash!

Amy Rene — April 15, 2011 @ 2:30 am

That looks so yummy!

Chris — April 16, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

I did something similar last year with zucchini. I think the marinara goes well with this, I'll have to try it.

Bizzy — April 18, 2011 @ 2:15 am

This is a great recipe. It is an almost definite for me, depending only on time. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Organicfemme — April 19, 2011 @ 3:58 am

This sure will make my daughter eat squash, lol!

Kristi — April 20, 2011 @ 12:19 am

These look amazing! I'm always looking for different ways to cook yellow squash and zucchini (aside from the typical stove top saute…it's good, but it gets boring).

I have some yellow squash in the fridge, can't wait to try this one!

Liz — March 24, 2012 @ 9:14 pm

Yes! Amen! Hallelujah! They look amazing and they ARE amazing! I’m a witness! Delish!

on the table | Where We Love Is Home — May 3, 2012 @ 9:38 pm

[...] with a little blood orange olive oil, sea salt, and a shot of water. I also tried a new recipe for stuffed yellow squash, it was the winning dish! Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]