Mustard – Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin

I found this recipe on myrecipesthat looked really simple yet elegant. I really loved the mustard and fennel together and the herb/panko coating was fantastic. The pork turned out very moist, tender, and so flavorful. This dish was a big hit with my husband and I and our children loved it too. I will be making this recipe again and again.

Mustard – Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by myrecipes

• 1/4 cup Italian seasoned panko crumbs
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley
  • 1 ½ tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
  • 1 1lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked, pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray.

Pour the panko crumbs, parsley, cheese, and thyme onto a plate, mix until well combined. Remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin. Pat dry then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Mix the mustard, fennel seeds, and garlic together then rub evenly all over the pork tenderloin. Roll the pork tenderloin in the panko mixture until coated really well. Place the pork tenderloin on the baking sheet.

Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Let the meat rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!

8 Responses to “Mustard – Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin”

Crusted tenderloin « clementinecuisine — March 4, 2012 @ 1:03 am

[...] slightly adapted from For the love of cooking Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Tags main dish Categories [...]

Kimber — May 23, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

Could you do this with pork loin chops? I only have those in my freezer…

• Pam replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 8:02 am

Kimber,

I am sure it would work great! You will probably just have to adjust the cooking time. I hope you enjoy them!

• Kimber replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 11:15 pm

It was great! Baked them for 20 minutes (2 medium size pork chops and 1 large one). My boyfriend and I LOVED them! Thanks!

Katie C. — November 26, 2012 @ 7:05 am

I just have plain panko crumbs. Do you think that I could just add some seasoning to them and get the same effect? If so, what would you suggest?

• Pam replied: — November 26th, 2012 @ 8:59 am

I would season them with dried basil, fresh parsley, dried oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, to taste.

I hope this helps.

• Katie C. replied: — December 31st, 2012 @ 6:34 am

I made this on Saturday using your suggestion about creating seasoned panko. It was fantastic! My only regret is that I didn’t make two. My guy loved it too and asked if we could make it when his sister and brother-in-law come to visit in January.

Chili Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Ginger Glaze — December 1, 2013 @ 3:53 am

[...] Style Pulled Pork - I created this recipe.  Great on tacos and incredibly easy to throw together.Mustard-Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin - From For The Love of Cooking.  She has some other tenderloin recipes. Mustard goes so well with [...]