Banana Banana Bread

I love to experiment with baking by adding fruits, chocolates, and nuts to different muffin, bread, and cookie recipes. However, sometimes I just want to bake simple recipes really focusing on the main ingredient. I had four ripe bananas to use up so I went in search of some banana recipes. I found this banana banana bread on Allrecipes.comand decided to give it a try. I adapted it a bit by adding vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg but otherwise followed the recipe. The banana flavor was amazing in this loaf of bread – it was moist and absolutely delicious! Sometimes, simple is best.

Banana Banana Bread:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Shelley on Allrecipes.com

• 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (I used 4)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla then continue beating until well combined.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and fresh nutmeg together, mix well.

Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and slather with butter. Enjoy!

52 Responses to “Banana Banana Bread”

Faride — October 17, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

I really like this. I´d tried others but this is the one… Dellicious!!!

• Mary Cook replied: — August 6th, 2012 @ 10:38 am

I’m going to try adding walnuts and a few raisins/craisins..

Lions, Tigers and….Monkeys? Oh My! — February 10, 2012 @ 6:16 pm

[...] Etsy; Chocolate Banana Bites Recipe; Monkey Cupcakes from Cakes by Becky; Banana bread recipe from ForTheLoveOfCooking.net; M&M Favor [...]

Jessica — February 22, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

Love banana bread, but never used vanilla before.. great addition!

Renu — February 22, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

This is in my oven right now and my house smells soooo good :) Can’t wait to try it. What a simple recipe….thank you!

Jenny — March 9, 2012 @ 9:07 am

In the oven now! Thanks for the recipe.

Sonia Surita — April 5, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Love this recipe!!! I make it in a muffin pan so greedy hands don’t touch the entire thing lol. It only need to bake 40 minutes in a muffin pan. Ive made it a few times, right now I have some in my oven with chocolate chips!! I can’t wait!!

Johannna — April 16, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

Hi
    love all your recipes :) Thankyou for share this amazing recipes
    I want to know if I can use whole wheat flour instead of white flour
    Thankyou

Corrina — April 18, 2012 @ 7:39 am

Made this last night….so delicious. I think this is the best recipe i have everused. Nice and dense and not overly sweet. I added a little bit of mini chocolate chips for a little extra yum;)

Chris B — April 24, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

I made this tonight and it was do easy and delicious! Love this recipe, it’s a keeper.

• Chris B replied: — April 24th, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

That was supposed to say SO easy!!! I really LOVE this recipe.

Emilee — May 8, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

I added orange zest, blueberries and chocolate chips. So yummy!

Trish W — May 16, 2012 @ 3:57 pm

Just pulled mine out of the oven, so GOOD! I added chocolate chips and I’m afraid I might eat it all. Thanks for the recipe, my family is going to love it!

Valerie Hooker — May 19, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

I just pulled this out of my oven and its perfect! Best I’ve ever had, added walnuts to mine.

New Stuff I Tried This Week | Aunt Sissy's House — May 28, 2012 @ 9:21 pm

[...] Banana Banana Bread WIN – Delicious, simple, and an excellent base recipe to customize as desired. Xander had some as a mid-morning snack on Sunday after spending the night and asked for more, so this is going in the Munchkin-friendly file, too. [...]

Pernille Madsen — May 30, 2012 @ 1:24 am

I have just closed the oven and can’t wait to try this. Feels great to use those over ripe bananas for something rather than throw them in the bin. Thanks!

real life test kitchen: good old banana bread — May 31, 2012 @ 4:09 am

[...] it simple and classic. A quick search on Pinterest turned up multiple pins for this recipe from For The Love of Cooking: Banana Banana Bread. Hard to resist something slathered in butter, [...]

Savannah — May 31, 2012 @ 10:30 am

I’m fourteen and mine is in the oven, looks and smells amazing! Thank you for this recipe

JANICE -jUNE 3, 2012 — June 3, 2012 @ 8:16 am

I just made this for my 91 year old mother- in- law….smells amazing can’t wait for it to cool, take it to her and have coffee and a slice…Hmm Hmm

Karen — June 6, 2012 @ 6:34 am

Made this last night, it was good but very dense. It hit me in the middle of the night that I didn’t put any sugar in it. Of course when I checked the recipe, there is 3/4 cup brown sugar. It is good this way for those of you with sugar issues but I will be remaking it with the sugar :)

• Hungry-Hungry-Hippo replied: — July 5th, 2012 @ 3:02 pm

Thank you, Karen, that actually made me guffaw! Ah, (not so)sweet misteaks, ya gotsta luv ‘em! Lol

Andi — June 6, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

Found your blog on Pinterest. I made this last night and my husband (the cook of our family) LOVED it. It’s already half gone! My children liked it to, even my 3 yr old son who hates everything… Thanks!

Cindi — June 24, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

I didn’t have any nutmeg, but it is still delicious and made the house smell so good while in the oven!!! Thanks for sharing!

A Weekend To Remember « Peas 'n' Carats — June 25, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

[...] you know, the one that is red and white check?  We all have a copy.  But, I decided to try out a new recipe.  I didn’t mess with the recipe, so I just provided the link directly to the original [...]

Laura — July 5, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

Ran across this recipe today on Pinterest…just made it and love it!
    Saved a few more of your recipes that I plan to try soon! Thanks! :) )))

Courtney Sears — July 29, 2012 @ 10:40 am

In the Oven! can’t wait to try it! YUMMMM!!

Lori — August 7, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Delicious smelling. The cinnamon really adds something special. I threw in a few chocolate chunks. Banana and chocolate great combo.

Kimberly — August 13, 2012 @ 9:05 am

I loved this recipe and have linked you on my post today. Thanks for the yummy recipe.
    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

rikki — August 23, 2012 @ 1:47 pm

this is delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy — August 25, 2012 @ 10:51 am

I just made this and it is in the oven baking right now. My house smells like a bakery. Thanks for sharing!

Amber — September 2, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

can you sub something else for butter? i don’t have any butter and don’t really want to go to the store. Your recipe sounds so yummy! I can’t wait to make it :)

RebekahK — September 12, 2012 @ 6:31 am

I made this bread just now and sat down to enjoy a piece hot out of the over with a little butter. Delicious! Not overly sweet, and super easy to make. I just used an old fashioned potato mashed to smash the bananas so I didn’t have to drag out my mixer and it turned out just fine.

Paula — September 12, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

Made this tonight, but used the batter to make muffins instead. Just tried one warm out of the oven. Soooooo good. I will add nuts, or perhaps chocolate chips next time, just to add a little extra yum. Thanks for the recipe!

darlene — September 26, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

So easy and so Yummy

Neel — September 29, 2012 @ 2:07 am

Lovely lovey recipe- I was looking for a banana bread recipe and stumbled upon this.As I Made one, and blogged it too, but this one makes me want to try again!! Thanks for sharing.

Yolanda — September 30, 2012 @ 8:32 am

In the oven now. Smells great. It was simple and easy, I let my 13 year old make it

Carly — October 17, 2012 @ 8:48 am

This is absolutely the best banana bread recipe around. I have a folder full of different banana bread recipes but I think this is the only one I’ll ever need- it’s that good. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sylvia — October 27, 2012 @ 8:55 am

Amazing!! Followed recipe exactly-added walnuts!

Misty — October 28, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

I made this for my grandma. We added walnuts & choc chips on top. We used spice nutmeg because we did not have fresh. Oddly when we tried it, it tasted bland, could not even taste the 4 ripe bananas I put in it..? I was puzzled…..thought maybe I left out some suger or something..I didn’t…hmmm, wierd!

MrsRobinson — October 28, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

This is in the oven right now for me as well. I didnt ha
    ve fresh nutmeg so im hoping that the ground netmeg spice will do just fine. I will post a comment agaon when the bread is done and tasted.

Donna — October 29, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

I have to tell you this is the best banana bread I ever made and I have made a few in my time. It had the perfect amount of sweetness and I never would have thought of adding nutmeg and cinnamon. Very well put together. I did add walnuts to mine cause I love them!! Great recipe! I’ll be making this one from now on. Thanks for sharing!

Toni Kottlowski — October 29, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

Delicious. I added marashino cherries and chocolate chips. My boys loved it!

Melyssa — October 30, 2012 @ 5:54 am

Do you have to put nutmeg in it? I can’t find any in my cupboard and just wondered if it would taste the same?

• Pam replied: — October 30th, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Melyssa,

I am sure it will be fine without the nutmeg. Let me know how it turns out.

Judy — October 30, 2012 @ 10:03 am

I made this last week, it has great flavor. I need to make more. My son wanted a banana and when he grabbed a banana all the tops broke off the bananas. Yay!
    I found by placing a pan of water under the baking bread it makes it extra moist.

fine motor skills — November 1, 2012 @ 11:10 am

You are really a incredibly good writer, your form is beautiful.

Banana Banana Bread | RobertsonHouse Eats — November 3, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

[...] Recipe: For the Love of Cooking [...]

Tami B — November 23, 2012 @ 6:21 am

I made this Banana Bread in Little Mini Loaf Pans for Thanksgiving & it was the BEST & Most Moist Bread I’ve ever made! We absolutely LOVED IT!!
    I’m so glad I found this recipe! Thank – You!
    ~TAMI~ From Iowa ( 11-23-2012)

Holiday Day Off? — December 8, 2012 @ 9:47 am

[...] http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2011/02/banana-banana-bread.html [...]

For the Love of Cooking » Banana Banana Bread | Recipes, Gossip & More! — February 12, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

[...] Source [...]

Banana Bread Recipe « Banana Bread Recipes « iHeartFoods.com — February 19, 2014 @ 9:36 pm

[...] Source: Get the Recipe [...]