Homemade Baked Cinnamon Mini Donuts with Maple Glaze

My kids love donuts and usually talk my husband into buying them for breakfast a couple Saturdays a month. My daughter and I recently found this cute little mini donut maker in the kitchen department in a major department store for $20 and I couldn’t resist buying it. I love that these donuts are baked instead of fried and that my kids can help make their own breakfast treats with me. They were super simple to make and the kids LOVED them.

Cinnamon Donuts:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Bella Cucina Artful Food (donut maker cookbook)

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 tbsp canola oil

Stir the dry ingredients together. Add the egg, vanilla, and milk then whisk together for 1 minute. Add the oil and continue to whisk until well combined.

Heat the donut maker then coat it with cooking spray. Pour a bit of the batter into the center each donut mold, making sure not to overfill. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the donuts and place on a baking rack.

Maple Glaze:

• 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 3-4 tbsp water

Combine all ingredients together and whisk until smooth and creamy. Dip each donut top into the glaze and place back on the rack. Sprinkle the top with nonpareils if desired then serve immediately. Enjoy.

11 Responses to “Homemade Baked Cinnamon Mini Donuts with Maple Glaze”

TheChocolatePriestess — February 10, 2011 @ 1:23 pm

I went looking for a baked mini donut recipe but my mini pans are to go into the convention oven. Any one have an idea of how long they should bake?

I can't find the recipe booklet that came with them.

Theteacher — January 12, 2012 @ 2:48 am

Try 400 degrees ten minutes and check adjust in 5 min inctement accordingly

Cindy — January 19, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

These were so good!!! I just ate three…Want to try differnt glaze on them next time..

Shapeware For Your Bakeware | Vaguely Vegan — January 19, 2012 @ 6:55 pm

[...] for a simple donut recipe that I could tweak into a healthier version.  I found a recipe from For The Love of Cooking for Homemade Baked Cinnamon Donuts with Maple Glaze.  I substituted Almond Milk in for regular milk, and used only 2 tbsp of vegetable oil instead of [...]

Laurie — September 2, 2012 @ 5:36 am

These were great! We have a mini donut maker too and the last recipe we tried was very bland. I added a little extra cinnamon plus about half a teaspoon of nutmeg, then skipped the glaze. The kids gobbled them up and I thought they were pretty good too. (I blogged it as well.) Thanks!

Lisa — January 5, 2013 @ 6:34 am

These were awesome! Light and fluffy. I will definitely make these again. I think it will be my go-to recipe for the mini donut maker now. Kids loved them and way better than the recipe that came with it. Instead of the glaze, I brushed them with melted butter and sprinkled with maple sugar and cinnamon. Really delicious. Try Trader Joes organic maple sugar! Thanks!!!

Miranda — April 2, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

I scored my mini donut maker for $5 at the local thrift shop so it didn’t come with instructions/recipes. This worked out perfect for us! I did replace the cows milk with soy and I substituted 1 smashed banana in place of the egg (because we are a vegan household), my son LOVED them and they were so simple I will definitely be making them again! Even if you aren’t vegan I recommend the banana sub, it gave the donuts just a slight banana-y flavor that was wonderful! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Corrine47 — August 9, 2013 @ 5:25 am

Just made these, loved them, baked 4 min in mini donut maker. Perfect.

Baked Cinnamon Mini Donuts – Baking Adventures — September 2, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

[...] BAKED CINNAMON MINI DONUTS RECIPE Filed Under: Breakfasty Things, Cinnamon, Donuts Tagged With: baked, breakfast, cinnamon, cinnamon mini donuts, mini, mini donut maker, mini donuts [...]

10 Homeade Donut Recipes - Baby Gizmo Blog — October 3, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

[...] Cinnamon Donuts. This recipe for cinnamon donuts from For The Love Of Cooking combines the amazing flavor of cinnamon with a delicious maple glaze! The colorful sprinkles on top are an added bonus! Photo Source: The Food Charlatan [...]

10 Homeade Donut Recipes - Skinny Not Skinny — October 7, 2013 @ 10:03 am

[...] Cinnamon Donuts. This recipe for cinnamon donuts from For The Love Of Cooking combines the amazing flavor of cinnamon with a delicious maple glaze! The colorful sprinkles on top are an added bonus! [...]