Roasted Yams with Maple, Dried Cranberries and Pecans

This side dish is so delicious! The combination of the soft yams with the crunchy pecans, tart cranberries, and sweet maple is wonderful. I love how easy it is to make and that it has very little clean up. This is a new favorite holiday side dish.

Roasted Yams with Maple, Dried Cranberries, and Pecans:

• Drizzle of olive oil
  • 2-3 yams, peeled and large dice
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
  • 1-2 tbsp dried cranberries
  • 1-2 tbsp pecan pieces
  • 1 tbsp real maple syrup
  • 2 tsp butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking tray with tin foil then coat with cooking spray. Place the diced yam on the baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until yam is fork tender. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the roasted yam into the baking dish followed by the dried cranberries and pecan pieces. Mix the melted butter and maple syrup together then drizzle on top of the yam mixture, toss to coat. Cover with tin foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 5 minutes. Taste and drizzle with more syrup if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

12 Responses to “Roasted Yams with Maple, Dried Cranberries and Pecans”

Cindy — December 3, 2010 @ 5:14 am

What a great combination of flavors!!

Mandy — January 21, 2012 @ 12:34 am

Made this last night, was fantastic! Its summer here in Australia so served it with BBQ chicken and Tossed Salad for a easy meal and we all loved it!

Eileen — November 18, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

How many servings is this recipe? Looks wonderful.

• Pam replied: — November 19th, 2012 @ 7:40 am

Eileen,

It served 4.

Link Time: Some of Our Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes | big city little kitchen — November 21, 2012 @ 9:19 am

[...] sweet potatoes are your thing for Thanksgiving, don’t hesitate to check out this recipe: Roasted sweet potatoes with maple syrup, cranberries, and pecans. Oh em gee, [...]

Alicia — November 22, 2012 @ 10:28 am

I just finished making this for Thanksgiving, and didn’t have the maple syrup, so I used apricot preserves (3 Tblsp), and it was perfect. Thank you so much for publishing this recipe!! So easy!!

Link Time: Some of Our Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes | big city little blog — March 17, 2013 @ 6:40 pm

Margie Jacobsen — April 4, 2014 @ 7:24 pm

I would like the nutrition information!

• Pam replied: — April 5th, 2014 @ 11:25 am

Margie,

I am sorry, I don’t have the nutritional information. I am sure there are some sites on the internet you can input the ingredients into to find out the information you need.

Jill O — November 19, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

I was just wondering if any part of this could be made ahead of time in order to make Thanksgiving prep. easier?

• Pam replied: — November 20th, 2014 @ 7:45 am

Jill,

I’ve never tried making it ahead and I worry the yams might turn mushy. Let me know if you try it and how it works.

• Jill O replied: — November 22nd, 2014 @ 10:08 am

I think I’ll just peel and dice the yams ahead of time. That should be a time saver in itself!!! (I am so looking forward to having this for Thanksgiving!)