I’ve been wanting to make this salad for a long time because it looks so flavorful and delicious without being too bad for you. I finally had all the ingredients on hand and decided to make it and I am so glad I did. I loved the flavor of the vinaigrette with the spinach and the crunchy apples and bacon bits gave this salad a great texture. We all loved it and gobbled up every last bite.Spinach Salad with Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette: Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net Original recipe from Myrecipes.com ~ Cooking Light, March 2008
- 1/4 cup of real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup Braeburn apple, chopped
- 4 slices of lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 10 oz of fresh baby spinach
Combine the syrup, shallots, vinegar, oil, mustard, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic together in a bowl. Whisk until well blended then set aside for flavors to mingle.
Place the spinach, mushrooms, onion, apple, and bacon in a large bowl and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss to coat evenly then serve immediately. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net