There are so many reasons why I love being a food blogger and one of them is getting sent amazing products to try. I was recently sent a shipment of different cheeses from Ile De France Cheese. I decided to make a caramelized portobello and onion panini using the chaumes cheese. This cheese is very soft with a slight nutty flavor as well as hints of butter. My kids LOVED this cheese and couldn’t get enough… they literally ate half the block with dinner. The sandwiches turned out delicious. I loved the onions, mushrooms, and garlic mixed with the soft and flavorful cheese. Needless to say, I will be buying more chaumes in the future.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 3 portobello mushrooms, sliced into small chunks
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Four slices of Tuscan or Sourdough bread
- Chaumes cheese, sliced