Mushroom, Asparagus, Bacon, and Tomato Quiche with a Potato Crust
- 1 1/2 – 2 russet potatoes, sliced very thin
- 1 tsp olive oil (or reserved bacon grease)
- 4 slices of lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 asparagus spears, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 7-8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towels. Chop bacon into crumbles and set aside. Use the grease from the bacon or the olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes before adding the mushrooms. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes before adding the asparagus and garlic; cook for another 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes then add the other half of the cheese and cook for a few minutes more or until a tester inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean – don’t overcook. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy.