Banana, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Pecan Cookies

The title of these cookies may be a mouthful but they are my new favorite cookie! I had a VERY ripe banana to use up so I decided to make cookies with it. I thought oatmeal, milk chocolate chips, and pecans would go well with the banana flavored cookie. I would normally use brown sugar but I was out, so I just used white sugar and I used whole wheat flour to make them a bit healthier. These cookies were a fun after school project with the kids and they tasted amazing. I loved the crunchy texture on the outside and the soft and moist texture inside. These cookies were a big hit with my entire family.

Banana, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Pecan Cookies:

• 1 very ripe banana
  • 3/4 white sugar (brown sugar if you have it)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 3/4 pecan pieces

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place a silpat mat on a baking sheet.

Combine the banana, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixed thoroughly.

Mix the salt, baking soda, flour and oats together. Add the oat mixture, chocolate chips, and pecan pieces to the banana mixture and mix well with a spoon.

Drop cookie dough on the baking sheet covered with a silpat mat 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on racks then serve. Enjoy.

47 Responses to “Banana, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Pecan Cookies”

Beth — February 12, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

You can tell yourself they are quite healthy too. Look very tasty Pam

5 Star Foodie — February 12, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

Scrumptious cookies! I love the addition of pecans!

teresa — February 12, 2010 @ 4:48 pm

bananas cookies sound so good! i just might make these with my kids today!

Ch4ttyC4thy — February 12, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

Great! I've been looking for a tasty- whole wheat flour cookie recipe! Can't wait to try this one out!

The Blonde Duck — February 12, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

You amaze me. Everytime I try to create something it turns out…unedible.

PeggyR — February 12, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

These sound wonderful!

Marjie — February 12, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

I always end up with a few spare ripe bananas at the end of a case of them. Keeping them peeled in freezer bags means I always have them available for wonderful recipes like this one! Beautiful cookies!

noble pig — February 12, 2010 @ 8:59 pm

I could drive right over and have some with some coffee??

More than a Mom — February 12, 2010 @ 9:44 pm

Found you (nekedchef) on MBC. Am now following both sites! I love trying new recipes, so I'm excited about your blog! Yay!

grace — February 12, 2010 @ 10:02 pm

these most definitely fit my qualifications for an appropriate breakfast food, but they'd be mighty fine for dessert too. i love the appearance, pam–lovely recipe!

Jen_from_NJ — February 12, 2010 @ 11:11 pm

I love your combination of ingredients! These cookies look amazing!

Jan — February 12, 2010 @ 11:43 pm

If only I could eat bananas, I'm sure these were delish.

Sook — February 13, 2010 @ 2:41 am

Wow all the great ingredients in one cookie. That is sweet!

Chey can cook! (and more) — February 13, 2010 @ 3:31 am

Sounds yummy as always, and again as always love the pics and the fact that the kids were incorporated:)

~~louise~~ — February 13, 2010 @ 3:50 am

I made almost the exact cookies the other night pecans and all!!! (I ground up some some oatmeal for flour and added it to the other flour) They reminded me of muffin tops they were oh so good. Now you've gone and made me want them again. Yours look so much more "professional" than mine did. Thanks for sharing, Pam.

Donna-FFW — February 13, 2010 @ 3:58 am

What a delicious combo for a cookie. They all sound like they blend perfectly together, like a banana bread cookie, almost.

sophia — February 13, 2010 @ 5:13 am

LOVE that monster of a cookie! I'll have to borrow some bananas from the cafeteria now!

Kerstin — February 13, 2010 @ 5:38 am

My hubby would love these – he's all about oatmeal cookies and the banana sounds wonderful in them.

Cristie — February 13, 2010 @ 6:19 am

Great idea to use a banana in oatmeal cookies, I can almost taste them!

Natashya KitchenPuppies — February 13, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

Oatmeal cookies are my favourite – I love that these have nanners in them!

Joanne — February 13, 2010 @ 2:31 pm

Banana in cookies always kind of surprises me. But then once i taste it I remember why it is such a good idea. I love the combination in these! Perfect use for an overripe banana.

fittingbackin — February 13, 2010 @ 4:21 pm

Those look amazing and super filling!!

Vanillastrawberryspringfields — February 13, 2010 @ 7:26 pm

Que Magnifigue este…bravo!!!!

Oh yeah…LOVE IS IN THE AIR,SO IS ROMANCE…WISH YA LOADS OF IT @ 365….

heather — February 13, 2010 @ 9:45 pm

i have a batch of these cookies in the oven now, but I just wanted to let you know in the directions you left out when to put in the egg! I'm new to your site and LOVE it so far!

Pam — February 14, 2010 @ 12:35 am

Heather

Thank you for letting me know. I am off to correct it now. I hope you like the cookies.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer — February 14, 2010 @ 4:19 am

Pam you knocked this baby out of the park! This is the perfect combination! Cannot wait to try these cookies..

Kevin — February 14, 2010 @ 12:45 pm

Those cookies look nice and big and really good!

Luciana — February 14, 2010 @ 3:16 pm

Comp'liments the mix that you've used is fantastic…they are very greedy…and your site is very interesting…a kiss by Luciana

myfrenchkitchen — February 14, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

The banana sounds wonderful addition to these cookies!
    Ronelle

The Royal Family — February 14, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

OMG this looks awesome!

Come link up at my new blog we are looking for bloggers to feature!

Thanks, Brandy

Fresh Local and Best — February 15, 2010 @ 1:39 am

I love how chunky this cookie is!

Mandy — February 15, 2010 @ 4:24 am

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a snow day one day this week to bake these?

Choclette — February 15, 2010 @ 5:51 pm

Wouldn't have thought about using banana in cookies, but it sounds just right with these ingredients.

heather — February 16, 2010 @ 4:03 pm

they were fabulous! my husband enjoyed them immensely i did too! they didn't seem to spread like yours but it could have been the butter wasn't as soft. i also added less choc and added in some raisins.

i love your blog so much, i gave it an award!

Anonymous — March 11, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

These are excellent. I didn't have some items so had to make some substitutions. I used 50/50 brown to granulated sugar, old fashioned oats, and a mixture of semisweet to bittersweet chips. This is the first recipe I have tried from your site– I am so going to try some others now. I think I'll start with some more cookies! Thanks so much!

Vicki — February 26, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

These cookies are very good, but I wondered what I did wrong. They stayed in a little ball just about like I put them on the cookie sheet (with parchment). Would that happen if I used only 1/2 tsp baking soda, because I just remembered putting in the 1/2 tsp salt first, then I used the same 1/2 tsp to put in the baking soda, but maybe forgot to put in 2. At least, it didn’t affect the great flavor!