Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing

When looking for a tasty salad on the Internet I came across this one from Jehan Can Cook. It sounded perfect. I love all the ingredients and flavors used so I was really excited to try it. It was so quick and easy to make and tasted fantastic. We all really loved this salad. The dressing was delicious and the salad was filled with great textures and flavors. I will make this dish over and over again.

Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing:

• 1 pint grape tomatoes
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 ears of fresh sweet corn
  • 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped

Remove husks from corn and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes. The corn should have some brown spots and be tender and not mushy. Cut the corn off the cob then scrape the cob with the back of your knife to get the juices. Set aside and let cool. Slice the tomatoes in half. Dice the avocado and chop the cilantro.

Honey Lime Dressing:

• Juice of 1 lime
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Dash of cayenne pepper

Add all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.

Combine the sliced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and grilled corn and honey lime dressing and mix gently so everything is evenly coated. Be careful not to mash the avocados. Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes to let flavors mingle. Enjoy.

44 Responses to “Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing”

Weekly Meal Plan — February 26, 2012 @ 10:01 am

[...] Corn, avocado and tomato salad with honey lime dressing in homemade tortilla bowls [...]

Kristie — March 15, 2012 @ 9:47 am

I just made this and it was absolutly delicious! Fresh corn isn’t in season right now so I used the frozen kind. I can’t wait to try this again!!

Shannon @ RecipesMe — March 23, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

This recipe looks great, my mouth is watering. I’m going to have to make it :)

Julie Todd — March 31, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

How many does this serve?

tina — April 13, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

this sounds delicious! thanks for sharing…..can’t wait to try it!

Diane — May 3, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

You had me at “cilantro”. ;)

Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing « The Produce Box Girls — May 4, 2012 @ 7:45 am

[...] de Mayo dinner.  It will be a great side dish with our tacos and probably even a topping!   Here is the recipe I found on For the Love of Cooking and a few changes I plan to make.  I will let [...]

It’s In Season: 26 Corn Recipes! | Pepper Scraps — May 15, 2012 @ 8:24 am

[...] Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing [...]

Mandi — May 21, 2012 @ 7:36 am

I made this dish and blogged about it. It was SO delicious. Thank you for sharing!

Grilled Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad | flour | sugar | eggs | butter — May 21, 2012 @ 7:36 am

[...] Grilled Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad (from For the Love of Cooking) [...]

Stephanie — May 27, 2012 @ 8:08 am

I cannot stop making this dish! It is so easy and absolutely delicious!!!!

Bacon-Quinoa-Snap Pea Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing | Noble Pig — May 29, 2012 @ 8:49 am

[...] I am opposed to those options. I came across this recipe from Food and Wine and then I saw this recipe over at For the Love of Cooking. I did a little combining of the recipes and added a [...]

Tammy — June 10, 2012 @ 9:46 pm

made this except substituted olive oil for veggie oil…omg delicious!

Emily — July 4, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Just made this tonight with some grilled salmon. Delicious! I added a little chopped red onion to the salad. I love your blog.

CJ @ Morsels of Life — July 12, 2012 @ 4:16 am

Looks so simple yet tasty! Definitely going on the “must try” list. :)

Five Friday Finds :: Morsels of Life — July 13, 2012 @ 2:05 am

[...] Toasted Sesame Ginger Salmon – How Sweet It Is Pizza Burgers – Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing – For the Love of Cooking Raspberry Cream Cheese Cups – DJ's Sugar Shack Creamy Peach Popsicles – Tasty Eats at [...]

Kristie — July 14, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

Fabulous! I added about a tbsp of red onion -perfect summer salad/side with grilled pork tenderloin.

THE DAY I MADE THREE PINTEREST RECIPES | breathe in, love out — July 19, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

[...] BEST: Fiesta Salad [...]

16 Healthy Appetizers - Tailor Made Momma — August 7, 2012 @ 10:46 am

[...] 8. Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad [...]

Anne Marie — September 1, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

That dressing is phenomenal!!!!

Peasier than it Sounds: Local Box Meal Plan | Eating Out of the Local Box — September 4, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

[...] I’ll be grilling up some corn to accompany my avocados and tomatoes. Not only would this salad be fantastic as a standalone snack, or as a side dish, it would be fantastic on top of nearly any [...]

Jarrett — September 20, 2012 @ 6:26 am

This salad is the best….we make it 2 times a week (i added a little chopped red onion for some crunch) and we made a HUGE batch of the dressing. We use it on everything!!! thanks for sharing.

Donna — June 29, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

Delicious. I added chicken and some cold cubed potatoes because I had them on hand. For my taste I’d like more corn, less tomato, but it was delicious!

Deloris — July 2, 2013 @ 7:32 pm

I didn’t want to fire up the grill so I cooked my corn in the microwave then I grilled it over an open flame on top of my range. Love this salad so we will be fixing it again. :)

Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad | Mommy's in the Kitchen — July 9, 2013 @ 1:58 pm

[...] For the Love of Cooking Feel free to share:Like this:Like [...]

Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad – Anniespickns's Blog — July 12, 2013 @ 11:22 am

[...] can find the recipe here.  It’s from For The Love of Cooking, July 2009. 38.580461 -121.530234 Share or print this [...]

sockii — July 15, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

There’s a Facebook page which seems to have used your recipe and photo, wasn’t sure if you had approved of it or not: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=480768768674814&set=a.459552280796463.1073741826.459510230800668&type=1

• Pam replied: — July 15th, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

I have sent them a message. Thank you very much for letting me know.

• Carol replied: — July 22nd, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

I made this from the Facebook posting…it is fantastic and I told all my friends. I think you may have some new followers!

30 Garden Fresh Side Dishes | Six Sisters' Stuff — July 19, 2013 @ 2:00 am

[...] Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad [...]

Meg — August 6, 2013 @ 5:10 am

How many servings does this recipe make?

• Pam replied: — August 6th, 2013 @ 8:14 am

It serves 4-6 depending on how large your servings are.

• Meg replied: — August 8th, 2013 @ 11:35 am

Thank you!

The Table | On Our Plates: Corn and Canine Companions — August 23, 2013 @ 6:06 am

[...] Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing by For the Love of Cooking: This is the salad I make the minute I get summer corn in my CSA box. It’s fresh, flavorful, and easy to put together. If you aren’t planning on grilling, I suggest baking your corn instead. [...]

Tara — August 27, 2013 @ 9:56 am

We made this salad for a baby shower and it was the hit of the party!! So fresh and tasty during the hot summer months. Will definitely keep this recipe handy to bring to parties, etc!

Cindy — September 1, 2013 @ 9:14 am

I doubled this recipe and took it to a cookout for work. This was a big hit! The dressing really makes it special.

For the Love of Cooking &raquo, Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing | Tastiest Recipe Reviews — April 18, 2014 @ 7:53 am

[...] Grilled Corn, Avocado and tomato salad with honey lime dressing – Review: Yum! I like that this recipe doesn’t call for any sugar. Added chickpeas for some protein, but black beans would be good, too.Recipe link:http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/07/grilled-corn-avocado-and-tomato-salad.html [...]

11 Picnic Salads - TodaysMama — June 11, 2014 @ 2:01 am

[...] Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing from For the Love of Cooking [...]

Peggy — June 17, 2014 @ 1:12 pm

I absolutely LOVE this salad – have made it a few times already and served with pita chips as an appetizer at my Bible Study. I, however, do not care for the honey taste and, instead, use just olive oil, lime juice, s & p and cayenne for the dressing.

Jan — July 2, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

It’s delicious, but does anyone know the calories and a Weight Watcher points?

Tanya — July 4, 2014 @ 6:16 pm

I just made this salad for the second time…this time for a 4th of July BBQ as a side. I loved it last week when I tried it and scarfed down the leftovers for lunch the other day. Cold, fresh salads like this are perfect for summer and I love this one. Thanks!

red, white & blue | Sadie's Mom — July 5, 2014 @ 7:13 pm

[...] I made this salad and this dessert. They were both new recipes for me and I give them each 5 stars.  The [...]

Holly — July 16, 2014 @ 7:26 pm

This is one of the best salads I have ever had..

Jennifer — July 18, 2014 @ 8:11 am

This recipe is soooo delicious! I think I could survive on this 3 meals a day! Do try this one… It’s a huge winner! Yummy…..