Vegetable Tian

This is a recipe I adapted from one I found in “Barefoot in Paris”. We had friends over for dinner so I served this Vegetable Tian and it was a HUGE hit. The veggies were perfectly roasted, the potatoes were nice and tender and the caramelized onions were sweet and salty. The whole dish was delicious and it looked really pretty too. All of my friends loved these roasted vegetables and so did most of the kids. I am looking forward to making this again and again. I served this dish alongside the Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic and they paired nicely together.

• 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
  • 1 large sweet yellow onion cut in half and sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1-2 russet potatoes, unpeeled
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 yellow squash
  • 3 large Roma tomatoes
  • Sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • Dried thyme, to taste
  • 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 60 seconds. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the greased baking dish.

Slice the potatoes, zucchini, squash and tomatoes in 1/4 inch thick slices. Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly into a spiral, making only one layer. Season with sea salt, black pepper and dried thyme, to taste. Drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil over the top.

Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until browned. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

140 Responses to “Vegetable Tian”

Kristi Rimkus — January 12, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

Hi there! I made this dish and posted it on my blog. It was every bit as good as your Crash Hot Potatoes. Love your blog!

Vegetable Tian | Zesty Ladies — January 26, 2012 @ 1:21 am

[...] For The Love Of Cooking Uncategorized ← Herb Baked [...]

We’re on Pinterest! | The Happy Mouth — February 21, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

[...] Vegetable Tian [...]

Angela — February 23, 2012 @ 11:58 am

I just took this out of the oven. It looks as amazing as the picture.

Sandra — February 27, 2012 @ 9:50 pm

This looks so delicious. I’m always looking for different ways to serve vegetables. I’ll be trying this!

Asmita — February 28, 2012 @ 8:14 pm

I am a huge Ina Garten fan and have been wanting to make this for so long. You have made it so well. Looks fantastic !!!

Recipes | Pearltrees — February 29, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

[...] 1 large sweet yellow onion cut in half and sliced 2 cloves of garlic, minced 2 tbsp olive oil (divided) For the Love of Cooking » Vegetable Tian [...]

Lila Sue Roberts — March 7, 2012 @ 1:41 am

This was nice. Easy, pretty. Love veggies!

Misty — March 9, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Thanks for the recipe. I am always on the lookout for veggie dishes. It was delicious!

Misty — March 10, 2012 @ 6:47 am

This turned out great, yummy! Thanks

Macy Chu — March 10, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

I made this tonight and it turns out so yummy. DH kept raving about it. I cooked the onion in the Le Creuset Tart de Tartin pie dish and layered the veggies right on top, so clean up was a snap.

Jennifer — March 10, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

My family doesn’t like onions but I want to try this recipe. Would it take too much away from the recipe to exclude the onions on the bottom?

Thank you!

Carlos — March 11, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

Lovely recepy.
    Did it for lunch today… Tnks a lot!

Vegetable Tian from fortheloveofcooking,net. This looks so good! - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth — March 13, 2012 @ 7:11 am

[...] http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/02/vegetable-tian.html View more posts in: [...]

Almost Ratatouille | Oops, I blogged. — March 22, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

[...] for your dining pleasure I have a new recipe, Vegetable Tian. I found it here. This person served it as a side dish, but since the Jeremy and I are trying to eat healthier we [...]

lunaticg — March 24, 2012 @ 11:47 pm

This is certainly the recipes that I like.
    Maybe will alter your recipes a bit, add some prawn and squid.

Vegetables | Pearltrees — March 28, 2012 @ 11:56 am

[...] All of my friends loved these roasted vegetables and so did most of the kids. For the Love of Cooking » Vegetable Tian [...]

Yummy, vegetable Tian! - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth — March 30, 2012 @ 1:50 am

Susan — April 1, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

@Jennifer — looks like you would be able to serve this without getting the onions from the bottom of the dish? I’m not a big onion fan unless they’re cooked very well, like these.

Alina — April 2, 2012 @ 5:15 am

This turned out great! It’s so easy and super delicious. I’m always looking for new and interesting ways to prepare veggies as a side, so this recipe is a goldmine! I posted about it on my blog: http://twoladiesandaladle.blogspot.com/2012/04/alinas-veggie-tian.html

Keep the great food ideas coming!

Vegetable Tian | Curiosities By Dickens — April 4, 2012 @ 7:42 am

[...] For the Love of Cooking » Vegetable Tian. [...]

Vegetable Tian « A Jew Broad Cooks — April 12, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

[...] originally wanted to make this recipe for Thanksgiving this next year.  I have it in my recipes on my Pinterest as a recipe that I [...]

Barbara Rosenzweig — April 13, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

This looks fabulous! I’m going to try it this weekend!

BTW, how did you get the pin it button on the post?

Vegetable Tian « Springer's Kitchen — April 15, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

[...] Vegetable Tian from For the Love of Cooking. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

Jodi — April 19, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

At what temperature do you bake this??

• Jodi replied: — April 19th, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

nevermind, just found the answer in the printable version :)

Liz — April 27, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

This is such a delicious recipe!! Its easy and fancy! Loved it!

Elisa — May 14, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

Made this for dinner tonight. It was so easy and it was a big hit! About to have seconds!

Megan@BlueStarVermont.com — May 18, 2012 @ 7:23 pm

Thanks so much for my next new veggie side dish!

Joy Talbot — May 28, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

Did anybody have trouble with the potatoes not being tender? We think we should have parboiled them first. I don’t see from the comments than anyone else seemed to have a problem.

• Emily replied: — February 3rd, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

Yes, I did. I feel like I’ve been baking it forever and they’re still undercooked.

• Marta replied: — January 4th, 2014 @ 3:58 pm

I baked this tonight and I did have some difficulty with the potatoes. I covered it with foil the first 30 minutes, but not tight enough. Once I made sure it was covered tight, it took about 10 minutes longer. Yummy dinner served with couscous.

• Karen Gregory replied: — January 6th, 2014 @ 7:46 am

Yes, the potato slices took much longer to cook than indicated, at least when I made it. Does anyone have suggestions? Cut the potato thinner or cook a little ahead of arranging in the dish?

• Pam replied: — January 6th, 2014 @ 8:10 am

Depending on the thickness of your potatoes, you may need to cook longer until they are fork tender. Make sure to cover tightly with the foil.

Teresa — June 5, 2012 @ 8:48 am

How many servings does this make? I’m trying to figure out how many Weight Watcher’s points this is because it looks delicious!!

• Pam replied: — June 5th, 2012 @ 10:54 am

It served 4 adults and 4 children. I hope this helps.

• Teresa replied: — June 5th, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Thank you so much!!! I can’t wait to make this! :)

Week Six of CSA « Soaking in God's blessings, one journey at a time. — June 5, 2012 @ 9:50 am

[...] This yummy looking Vegetable Tian from For the Love of Cooking. [...]

CSA Week 6 Follow Up « Soaking in God's blessings, one journey at a time. — June 6, 2012 @ 10:35 am

[...] to take advantage of the cooler house temperature, I’ve already made the Vegetable Tian from For the Love of Cooking! Check it [...]

Shana — June 6, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

I made this tonight with goodies from our CSA box. Instead of tomatoes, I used thinly sliced beets. No thyme here, so fresh rosemary & parsley and a bit of freshly grated ginger did the trick.

Great recipe! Thanks

Winner winner chicken dinner « ctcarra — June 6, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

[...] new and yummy dinners so far this week. First one was a vegetable tian with potatoes, Roma tomatoes, onion, zucchini , squash, topped with parm [...]

Tim — June 25, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

Is there a nutritional round-up on this recipe? Carb grams, etc?

• Pam replied: — June 26th, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

Tim,

I am sorry. I don’t have the nutritional information on my recipes.

WHOLE FOODS July 2012 Menu | OAMC from Once A Month Mom — July 1, 2012 @ 3:00 am

[...] big day, including Chewy Cherry Almond Granola Bars, Sweet Peach and Mustard Grilled Pork Chops, Vegetable Tian, and Chipotle Burgers. The pork chops and burgers don’t even require indoor cooking on [...]

I Know I'm Serving Burgers and Chicken, But What Do I Serve on the Side? | Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done RightMother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right — July 2, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

[...] easy vegetable tian adapted from For the Love of Cooking would be terrific with your grilled chicken, and it’s a great use for summer squash. Sweet [...]

Charlotte — July 7, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

Just made this today and love it! One of my favorite veg recipes!!

DEANNA O'BRIEN — July 17, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

I MADE THIS TODAY I LOVE IT THANKS!

Squash Out the Wazoo | Karla M Curry — July 19, 2012 @ 8:28 am

[...] For the Love of Cooking’s Vegetable Tian [...]

Laura — July 25, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

Finally got around to making this. Potatoes were a little undercooked, should’ve probably left it in for a little longer. Substituted the parm for goat cheese (just because I didn’t have any) and it turned out pretty tasty!

Will definitely make again!

Eat Your 2 & 5 - All Yours Styling | All Yours Styling — August 6, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

[...] I know I should be eating more healthy, especially being gluten intolerant, but I’m pretty lazy. It’s easier to grab some chips than to fight with a fork and salad, believe me when I say that I don’t hold this against you if you feel the same. Not to mention it’s cheaper to get a burger than to have a foccacia made in front of you. I get it, I totally get that $10 for a sandwich is crazy. Vegetable Tian – For The Love Of Cooking [...]

Donna — August 6, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

I made this veggie dish twice this week.
    My husband & family loved it. I did omit the potatoes
    and used Mrs Dash onion & herb seasoning because of
    His dietary needs. It was delicious.

Krista — August 8, 2012 @ 4:35 pm

This was AMAZING!!!! I paired it with your garlic and basil chicken. My husband had three helpings, and my 3 yr old son ( who is super picky) had seconds. This is definitely going in my recipe box! Thank you!

Vegetable Tian | relativetaste — August 13, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

[...] from For the Love of Cooking. Share this:EmailFacebookStumbleUponTwitter Cancel [...]

Vegetable Tian (roasted vegetables)Budget For Health — August 15, 2012 @ 12:42 pm

[...] hot or cold layered dish. It makes sense once you see the dish. My pin was linked to a site called For the Love of Cooking (who got the recipe from the book Barefoot in Paris). As I’m writing this post, the dish is in my [...]

French Garden Vegetable Tian | Collegiate Culinaire — August 16, 2012 @ 4:14 am

[...] with French style and cuisine, this colorful casserole is both pretty to look at and tasty to eat. For the Love of Cooking can give you the multiple-serving version, but my dish-for-one is shared below. Mange [...]

Roasted Vegetable Tian | My Southern Charmed Life — August 18, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

[...] found this recipe at For the LoveofCooking.com (via pinterest, of course) and knew immediately I was going to have to give it a whirl.  I love [...]

Kathryn — September 19, 2012 @ 10:48 am

I made this dish for my family’s Sunday night dinner. Everyone loved it. It was a hit for us because one of my daughter’s is a vegetarian so I accompanied this with meatballs and she was full enough on this dish and it had a lot of variety with the tomatoes, squash, potatoes and zucchini!

Karie — October 2, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

Just thought I’d thank you for sharing such a yummy and healthy veggie dish. I thought it might be boring, but NO! I loved it. Full of great flavor and so simple. Very impressive!

leslie — October 8, 2012 @ 9:22 am

very pretty and tasty dish. the potatoes were completely undercooked though, even cooking for a bit longer than the instructions recommended. next time i will microwave the potatoes a bit first.

Fresh Recipes for the Herbavore-Loving Fool | bridefied — October 14, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

[...] For the Love of Cooking’s Vegetable Tian (top left) [...]

Jill — October 17, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

I just made this and it was so good.
    Well, I didnt have potatoes, so i just did a yellow squash and a zuchini, and added some brussel sprouts cut in half to it. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil, and it was great! My husband and I are new to the plant based diet, and this was a great start! Thank you so much.

Lauren D. — October 19, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

I’m planning on making this for a brunch I am putting on this Tuesday… Have you ever made this the night before and reheated?? Thanks :)

Sockmonkeys Kitchen — November 19, 2012 @ 7:21 pm

Gorgeous, and it very well may grace my Thanksgiving table on Thursday. Yes, I know, not traditionally Thanksgivingy, but it’s such a beautiful thing to behold~ so who knows! Plus, if I only parmesan half, my Dairy-free, Paleo attenders will be able to enjoy as well as my traditional guests. Yay to that!
    As I was searching, I’ve noticed that others have taken your recipe and not given you credit :( But I know it’s yours!)

Laura — November 19, 2012 @ 9:51 pm

Is there a vegan substitute for the Parmesan?

• Pam replied: — November 20th, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Laura,

I have no idea… I am sorry I am not much help. I am sure Google can help you find one!

Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas | My Best Cookbook — November 20, 2012 @ 11:06 pm

[...] Vegetable Tian [...]

Diets — December 5, 2012 @ 4:25 am

You had a great start with olive oil in your recipes that is more beneficial for those who are diet conscious.

Whats`s on Tonight`s Dinner Menu? - cooking, cuisine, meat, vegetables, restaurants, diet, prices, allergies... - Page 204 - City-Data Forum — December 7, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

[...] [...]

Carole Baz — December 9, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

I’ve made this dish several times now, it’s become a family favorite. Sometimes I’ve had trouble with getting the potatoes cooked, so I try to make sure that the zucchini or tomatoes are close in size to the potato slices and trust the potatoes will absorb the moisture from the softer veggies which are placed on both sides of the potato. Instead of putting the onion and garlic on the bottom of the dish, I spread them across the top so that the juices will seep down into the veggies for added flavor. Sometimes I sprinkle other herbs on the top besides the thyme. I find that it takes longer to cook than the recipe, tho, but it may be because I pack the veggies much tighter than they appear in the photo, where they are almost laying on top of each other at an angle and mine are more upright, but I have a large family that I’m feeding, so I’m likely squeezing more into my dish. I’ve used small red bliss, too, which seem softer to me. FYI, any leftovers are absolutely DELICIOUS when scrambled into eggs the following morning or used in an omelette!

Vegetable tian « merrifood — December 31, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

[...] Vegetable tian (adapted from For the Love of Cooking) [...]

RomyNick — January 20, 2013 @ 7:50 am

hi!!! I’m Romina from Buenso Aires, Argentina. I’m making the recipe at this very momen, following your indication. I hope it be delicious!!! :D

Katherine — March 5, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

This looks absolutely yummy! I will pass along to hubby for placement on a dinner menu! Thanks for sharing!

Kim — March 11, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

Made this tonight and it was fresh, delicious, and easy. I did end up baking it longer– for about 50 mins with the foil on and about 30 without, in order to get the potatoes soft.

Great recipe!

Food Suggestions for the Lenten Season | Treetopia | blog.treetopia.com — March 12, 2013 @ 9:22 am

[...] you’re more of a vegetable lover, try this Vegetable Tian by Pam from fortheloveofcooking.net. It’s like Ratatouille, only baked not simmered (and the [...]

Vegetable Tian | pinterest-daily.com — March 18, 2013 @ 10:59 pm

[...] and all the details and the full recipe on fortheloveofcooking.net Category: Food and Drinks Tags: best, daily, daily inspiration, food, hot, inspiration, [...]

VEGETABLE TIAN | Tasteful Dishing — April 3, 2013 @ 4:46 pm

[...] Original recipe found at For the Love of Cooking! [...]

Jennifer Thompson — April 3, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Made this dish tonight. Wonderful! Will definitely be my go-to dish for summertime meals. I re-posted on my blog – full credit given.

amanda — April 6, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

i HATE onions!! can this be made without them??

• Pam replied: — April 7th, 2013 @ 7:38 pm

I am sure it would be fine without them. Let me know how it turns out.

Veggie Spiral | Dreamy Blog — April 15, 2013 @ 4:00 pm

[...] you plan to prepare this veggie meal, hop on over For The Love of Cooking for the complete [...]

kelli — April 21, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

Hi there…I may have missed this but I was wondering what size baking dish you use? Thanks!

• Pam replied: — April 21st, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

I used a 9 inch round ceramic baking dish. I hope this helps.

kelli — April 21, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thank you! I ended up just winging it! What a gorgeous recipe! I prepared it all tonight but I plan on cooking it tomorrow after work. I hope it will be still turn out OK. Just trying it out on the Hubs and he is so easing going that I’m not too concerned! Haha! I did drizzle some lemon juice over the dish because I wasn’t sure if the potatoes would get brown. Thanks so much! :)

Dinner Recipe: Cheddar Baked Chicken with Roasted Veggie Spiral | The Accidental Mrs. — April 24, 2013 @ 3:32 am

[...] the side, as I mentioned, I made a Vegetable Tian recipe .  The veggies were perfectly roasted, the potatoes were nice and tender and the caramelized [...]

Food glorious food… | Healthy Intentions — May 5, 2013 @ 11:31 am

[...] second was this veggie tian that I was originally inspired to make by this.  I’ve altered it though so [...]

Pinner says: I’m always looking for a yummy veggie recipe to go along with dinner. My family has had enough of my steamed broccoli. Sigh. So, I got pretty happy when I found this veggie spiral … | Dreamy Blog — May 8, 2013 @ 7:58 pm

[...] cooking this sumptuous dish again! This is so worthy with my effort! The full recipe can be found here var loveClawOptions4046 = new LoveClawOptions();loveClawOptions4046.WrapperId = [...]

Sarah — May 19, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

I’m in the process of making this dish. I did not have a bowl big enough for one layer so I used my deep dish Corningwere and made two layers, both with potatoes on bottom to absorb moisture from the other veggies. Do you know if and how this will effect cooking? It looks absolutely delicious!!

• Pam replied: — May 20th, 2013 @ 8:46 am

Sarah,

I am sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, we were camping over the weekend. I have only done one layer of the vegetable tian so I am not sure how the two layers would work… I imagine it would be just fine but you may need to increase the cooking time. Let me know how it turned out.

Recipe Sweet – Veggie Spiral — May 26, 2013 @ 1:18 am

[...] For instructions please visit:fortheloveofcooking [...]

Vegetable Tian | WorldFoodRecipes.com — May 26, 2013 @ 10:19 am

[...] Original Recipe: http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/02/vegetable-tian.html [...]

Teresa — May 28, 2013 @ 8:26 am

Have made this twice. Very good. Took to pot-luck and was amazed with compliments. Added different spices, since I like things spicy.Will be making this often.

Arshena — June 2, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

This dish looks absolutely delish! I was wondering how this would turn out if prepared for a crowd. I am planning a church function and need a dish to feed the multitude =-)
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Pam replied: — June 3rd, 2013 @ 9:00 am

Arshena,

I am sure making a larger one or a few smaller ones would work great for your function. You may need to cook a larger one for longer.

• Arshena replied: — June 4th, 2013 @ 10:06 am

Thank you! I’m going to try and make it work.

This Week's Favorites - Linda's Lunacy — June 9, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

[...] Muffins 15 Healthy Banana Recipes Vegetable Tian Crustless Quinoa Veggie [...]

Feed Your Soul – Friday Five – Sides, all sides — June 14, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

[...] is sure to impress your guests.  It is a Vegetable Tian from For the Love of [...]

Peter @Feed Your Soul too — June 14, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

Loved the look of these. I know this is a very old post for you. I featured it on my Friday Five @ Feed Your Soul Too – http://www.feedyoursoul2.com/2013/06/friday-five-sides-all-sides.html

This Weeks Favorites - Linda's Lunacy — June 20, 2013 @ 11:28 am

[...] Muffins Healthy Banana Recipes Vegetable Tian Crustless Quinoa Veggie Pie Sourdough Gingerbread with Spiced Whipped [...]

Don — June 24, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

Just made this tonight and it was all that it looks to be. Very delicious. I zapped the potato for 5 min. in the micro. just as a procaution. My wife likes them well done. Wouldn’t change anything else.

Marnie — June 28, 2013 @ 8:59 pm

Have had this pinned for ages cause it looked so good. Finally got the chance to try it tonight and it was amazing! Hubby just raved. Thanks so much for sharing this one. I’m sure we’ll be having it often this summer. Squash season is upon us!

How to use food to show someone you care | redhead421's Blog — June 30, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

[...] made a chicken and stuffing casserole, prosciutto wrapped pork chops with thyme, a baked veggie spiral with potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes, and a basic spaghetti dish with Italian [...]

Claire — July 18, 2013 @ 9:02 am

The dish was as delicious as it looked. Thanks because it was so easy to make.

Renee — July 27, 2013 @ 8:09 am

Wow, this looks super yummy, easy to prepare and it’s a beautiful presentation. Just repinned it. I’m going to try this with sweet potatoes as I’m cutting back on regular carbs.

What’s in Season: Zucchini Veggie Spiral | — August 4, 2013 @ 8:53 am

[...] Adapted from For the Love of Cooking [...]

#AugustPinterestChallenge | Daily Cup of Kate — August 6, 2013 @ 4:46 am

[...] Veggie Spiral  [...]

Ratatouille — August 8, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

[...] For the Love of Cooking Filed Under: Healthy recipes, Recipes, Side Dishes Tagged With: grated parmesan, healthy recipes, [...]

How To Make Vegetable Tian — Homestead and Survival — August 19, 2013 @ 8:36 pm

[...] Click Here For Vegetable Tian Recipe  Sponsored Link  Filed Under: Food, Water & Recipes [...]

Ellen — August 22, 2013 @ 3:28 pm

Loved this, next day leftovers mixed with egg substitute in a scramble. Will be making for lunch and dinner again in the very near future.

Pin-tested “Vegetable Tian” | — September 7, 2013 @ 2:17 pm

[...] Ah yes! The recipe! Today I decided that since my lovely husband is hard at work on a Saturday bringing home the “bacon” if you will..I would bring him a nice dinner so he didn’t have to grab some fast food during his shift. After poking through my fridge I decided I would make some grilled chicken breast with vegetable tian by the fabulous Ina Garten. Now, I’ve seen many a pin with variations on this dish, but my favorite is just a tad different than the “original” and can be found at For the Love of Cooking. [...]

Laura @ porch&table — September 21, 2013 @ 2:20 pm

What an easy and beautiful dish that impresses without fuss. I’ll definitely make this again!

30 Before 30: #27 -Try out 30 new recipes | Quote the Rabon — October 18, 2013 @ 11:40 am

[...] Vegetable Tian- 5/19/13: OMG. I literally ate half of the pan by myself. Beautiful to look at, delicious beyond [...]

Foam of days — November 10, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

Made it today.. Deliciiiiiiiiiiiious! Thank you! Will definitely make it again :)

Vegetable Tian Recipe | Gluten-Free Vs Paleo Diet — December 20, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

[...] Recipe from For The Love Of Cooking [...]

The 20 Recipes That Won Pinterest This Year | GossipViews.com — December 20, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

[...] Vegetable Tian fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

joyce — January 6, 2014 @ 11:43 am

can this be made the day before and reheated?

• Pam replied: — January 7th, 2014 @ 8:32 am

It can. I really enjoyed the leftovers and thought they tasted delicious.

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | スーパーフード・健康に良い・ダイエットに良い・世界のスーパーフード!! — January 10, 2014 @ 8:09 am

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | 最新北米発!!ヘルシーでダイエット美味しいレシピ大公開! — January 11, 2014 @ 4:55 am

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | 最新のヘルシーレシピ・健康と夏までダイエット!! — January 13, 2014 @ 2:23 am

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | ダイエットに良いビタミンフードとは?最新ビタミンフード情報。 — January 13, 2014 @ 2:25 am

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | 健康に良い食事・悪い食事とは・・専門家が説明します! — January 15, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

Zeynep — January 18, 2014 @ 12:57 pm

This dish is so great! It looks beautiful and tastes amazing, and it is so easy to make! I’ve done a vegan version with no cheese and added rosemary, lots of flavours. Thank you!

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード — January 20, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | うまい!早い!安い!最高!ヘルシー! レシピ大公開・・・しかも簡単! — January 20, 2014 @ 2:42 pm

[...] このイメージを見てください › fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

25 Potato Dish Recipes | Recipes — January 22, 2014 @ 8:52 am

[...] Recipe: fortheloveofcooking [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード — January 29, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

[...] このイメージを見てください › 水回りトラブルならコチラ《水回り救急車》 fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

Top Recipe Pins of 2013 | missbutterbean — February 5, 2014 @ 4:51 pm

[...] #16 Vegetable Tian 8,071 pins [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード — February 8, 2014 @ 4:18 pm

[...] このイメージを見てください › 《東京専門求人サイト》 fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

2013年にPinterestに勝った20のレシピ | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード — February 10, 2014 @ 5:31 am

[...] このイメージを見てください › 埼玉専門求人サイト《人生損しない為に絶対見るサイト》 fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

How to Make Veggie Spiral | Home Design, Garden & Architecture Blog Magazine — March 14, 2014 @ 3:01 pm

[...] source: fortheloveofcooking.net [...]

William — April 9, 2014 @ 6:05 am

I enjoyed your post. One of the best parts of cooking is experiencing that feeling of connecting to one’s family.

Heather — May 5, 2014 @ 6:05 pm

Looks great. I wish the printable version had at least one photo in it.

Rose — May 15, 2014 @ 2:40 pm

Thanks for sharing. I tried it and loved the flavours.
    Like others the potatoes were a little under-cooked and it was also a little liquidy. Anyone else had the same issue?

• amy replied: — August 31st, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

slice the potatoes thinner. The dish still looks impressive, even though all components are not the same slice thickness. It will solve the problem.

Vegetable Tian | Cooking Relax with Raffaella — May 23, 2014 @ 7:52 am

[...] For the Love of Cooking » Vegetable Tian Share this:MoreGoogle+ Raffaella GrassiLike this:Like [...]

Friday’s Fantastic Finds — June 25, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

[...] and simple way to make an outdoor play tent for the little ones. Fantastic Vegetarian Dish: Vegetable Tian. Zucchinis, potatoes, tomatoes, and onions all topped with some cheese. [...]

Eat your veggies. | Sow What.....and other ramblings. — July 9, 2014 @ 6:49 pm

[...] http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/02/vegetable-tian.html Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailPinterestLike this:Like Loading… [...]

Maryann — July 10, 2014 @ 11:24 pm

Made this for ladies luncheon without the potatoes. Great recipe, beautiful presentation, and rave reviews

Espiral Vegetal! « Cervera — July 17, 2014 @ 9:21 am

[...] For the love of coocking Share this:TwitterFacebookGoogleLike this:Like [...]

Cheryl — July 23, 2014 @ 7:12 pm

Made this for my church choir end of year picnic and it was gone almost as soon as I put it on the table. I eliminated the potatoes and didn’t miss them-delicious vegetable dish and now one of my ‘go-to’ recepies! Thanks for sharing!