Mouth watering good! This has to be my husband’s all time favorite dish. I found a recipe years ago on the Internet for these tacos, it was good but still needed some work. It took a while and many attempts, but I think I finally have the perfect carne asada recipe. My children and I love this as much as my husband does. It’s great to serve for company and the leftovers (if there are any) make really tasty burritos.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs of flank steak
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine all ingredients with flank steak and mix really well. Let marinate for at least 6 hours – overnight if you can.
Grill steak until desired degree of doneness. LET SIT FOR AT LEAST 5-10 MINUTES! Once the meat has cooled, slice ACROSS grain into small chunks.
- Corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese (Mexican cheese that is worth getting because it’s really great on all Mexican dishes & salads)
- Guacamole (see recipe here)
- Roasted Tomato Salsa (see recipe here)
- Onion, Lime & Cilantro relish (see recipe here)
Cook tortillas (dry) in a hot pan for 45-60 seconds on each side. You want them soft & pliable. Add meat, cheese, salsa, onion & top with guacamole. You will LOVE these tacos.