Carne Asada Tacos

Mouth watering good! This has to be my husband’s all time favorite dish. I found a recipe years ago on the Internet for these tacos, it was good but still needed some work. It took a while and many attempts, but I think I finally have the perfect carne asada recipe. My children and I love this as much as my husband does. It’s great to serve for company and the leftovers (if there are any) make really tasty burritos.

Carne Asada Marinade:
  • 1  1/2 – 2 lbs of flank steak
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1-2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • 4-5 cloves garlic minced

In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine all ingredients with flank steak and mix really well. Let marinate for at least 6 hours – overnight if you can.

Grill steak until desired degree of doneness. LET SIT FOR AT LEAST 5-10 MINUTES! Once the meat has cooled, slice ACROSS grain into small chunks.

Other Ingredients:

Cook tortillas (dry) in a hot pan for 45-60 seconds on each side. You want them soft & pliable. Add meat, cheese, salsa, onion & top with guacamole. You will LOVE these tacos.

Click here for printable recipe

37 Responses to “Carne Asada Tacos”

syrie — September 26, 2008 @ 5:15 am

Looks delicious indeed. I think my boyfriend is going to love this recipe.

mikky — September 26, 2008 @ 6:54 am

hey, this is so perfect with your corn salad… another winner… :)

HoneyB — September 26, 2008 @ 9:21 am

man, if I was eating at your house I would think I had died and gone to heaven. this looks fabulous!

Dhanggit — September 26, 2008 @ 9:32 am

im actually drooling in from of my laptop now!! yum

Katherine Aucoin — September 26, 2008 @ 2:19 pm

I think this is going to be one of my all time favorites too!

Jason — September 26, 2008 @ 3:06 pm

My friend just made a similar dish the other night, but didn’t make guacamole, bummer. This recipe looks really good!

CookingKatie — September 26, 2008 @ 4:07 pm

Tea with cream? How forward thinking ;) we only have semi-skimmed milk, but I’m sending you one over :) These tacos look amazing, once I finish revising and I get back to cooking anything remotely fun i’ll give it a try :)

Adam — September 26, 2008 @ 4:11 pm

Oh my goodness… this is my steak happy face :) Awesome job, your husband is a lucky dude

Maria — September 26, 2008 @ 4:33 pm

Your Guac looks so inviting!! What a great meal!

Patsyk — September 26, 2008 @ 4:43 pm

We love tacos, and may have to try this recipe so we can have more variety to choose from!

Congrats on being featured on FFF!

Aggie — September 26, 2008 @ 4:47 pm

Hi Pam! Congrats on being featured on Leftover Queen’s Finest Foodies!

Your carne asada looks so delicious and your pictures are awesome as usual! Have a great weekend!

Marjie — September 26, 2008 @ 4:52 pm

I never heard of tacos with steak before! This sounds good!

shaz — September 26, 2008 @ 5:04 pm

WOW that looks amazingly good! can you possibly mail me one??? :)

Jan — September 26, 2008 @ 5:13 pm

I would love those tacos!!
    As you can see from my blog – I/we (the husband too) love tacos!!!
    I will HAVE to give those a go. Thanks for sharing. Jan x

nicole — September 26, 2008 @ 6:31 pm

Ohhh yum! They look so good.

The Blonde Duck — September 26, 2008 @ 6:37 pm

You’re getting all my favorite dishes this week!

Paula — September 26, 2008 @ 6:39 pm

Oh Pam, your stuff just keeps getting better and better! Love this recipe and your photos are great. I’ve not cooked flank steak before, and I’m thinking I need to give it a try!

Heather — September 26, 2008 @ 7:57 pm

oh these look lovely. i never cook tacos, but always mean to add them to my repertior. i love, love, love guac. yum.

Kay — September 26, 2008 @ 8:01 pm

I think I have to move in with you and watch your munchkins while you cook :)

Live.Love.Eat — September 26, 2008 @ 8:26 pm

These look absolutely incredible. It’s bittersweet I found you because I am gaining weight just looking. How did I anyway, find you that is!? I have already forgotten with this amazing food in front of my eyes!!

MaryBeth — September 27, 2008 @ 1:24 am

This looks wonderful Pam…I am all over this, when is dinner? Excellent pic too.

Ed the other half of MaryBeth…

Manggy — September 27, 2008 @ 2:37 am

You’re right– I do love them! Now, the next step is to convince my family to eat some beef with me… :) (PS That roasted tomato salsa is calling my name!)

Amanda — September 27, 2008 @ 1:23 pm

OMG I absolutely LOVE you! I have been searching for a good carne asada recipe FOREVER. When my first two kids were really little we lived in an apartment and there was a Mexican woman who would grill carne asada, oh it was Heaven! She bought it from a Mexican deli but we moved before finding out which one. We’ve since moved from that state completely. I can’t wait to try this, in fact I may just

Grace — September 27, 2008 @ 1:51 pm

holy guacamole. whenever i see it, i’m immediately interested. this entire meal is phenomenal–nicely done. :)

Jan — September 27, 2008 @ 6:58 pm

Everything here looks fabulous, Pam. Great job!

Lisa — September 27, 2008 @ 8:26 pm

What a gorgeous presentation! This could easily be a favorite dish at my house too.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer — September 27, 2008 @ 11:30 pm

Tacos are a staple around this house. I love the seasonings and spices that you used on the flank steak – I usually use carne asada but will have to try with flank!!

YUM

Katie — September 28, 2008 @ 3:33 am

How tasty! I love Mexican food.

Tim — September 28, 2008 @ 5:37 am

Yum! Came across your blog searching for lemon bars and started reading other recipes. My wife and I made the corn salad with some BBS chicken – it turned out awesome. We made the carne asada marindate tonight and will be trying our hand at the salsa, guacamole, and relish for dinner tomorrow. Keep up the great work!!!

hot garlic — September 28, 2008 @ 10:25 am

Yum! I just looks delicious. I want to marry any food South of the Border!

Jessie — September 28, 2008 @ 7:19 pm

my boyfriend Hurley(who happen to write the restaurant reviews on the blog)is a huge fan of mexican food. I can’t wait until he comes home and so I can show him this because he will be floored by this recipe!

christina — September 28, 2008 @ 11:47 pm

we made this tonight and it was fabulous! thank you.

Mindy — September 29, 2008 @ 3:20 am

My husband and I tried this tonight and we LOVED it. We were selfish and ate it all after the kids went to bed! Thanks so much for such a great recipe.

Mochachocolata Rita — September 29, 2008 @ 9:19 am

oh my god, that beef just looks so perfect! i wudda finish the beef before i could even get my hands on anything else hehe

Once Upon a Plate — September 29, 2008 @ 2:42 pm

Oh this looks fabulous! Makes me hungry for it at 7:30 in the morning.

Wonderfully vibrant photography, too. Beautiful blog. Very nice!

Sophie — September 29, 2008 @ 7:18 pm

Delicious recipe! The marinade is so original and sounds quite tasty. I love all the yummy ingredients on the taco! We would love to feature this recipe on our blog and digital recipe reader. Please email me at sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you’re interested :) . Have a great day!

Tania — April 13, 2012 @ 8:46 am

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this recipe, I know it’s been up for a few years, but I just discovered it last year. I have made this many times for me & my husband, as well as friends and family, and it’s always a huge hit!! Thanks again for posting so many tasty recipes!