We were grilling some chicken for dinner and I decided to make a quick marinade for some asparagus and zucchini. The marinade was light but full of flavor and so good. I loved the fresh basil and garlic with the bite of the red wine vinegar. My husband did a great job of grilling dinner… the chicken was moist and tender and the vegetables were perfect – still a bit crisp.
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1-2 large zucchini, cut into spears
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned and trimmed of ends
- 1-2 tbsp fresh Parmesan, shredded
Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Add the vegetables and marinate for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
Grill until tender yet still a bit crisp. I served them with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!