Grilled Asparagus and Zucchini Spears with Parmesan Cheese

We were grilling some chicken for dinner and I decided to make a quick marinade for some asparagus and zucchini. The marinade was light but full of flavor and so good. I loved the fresh basil and garlic with the bite of the red wine vinegar. My husband did a great job of grilling dinner… the chicken was moist and tender and the vegetables were perfect – still a bit crisp.

• 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 5-6 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • 1-2 large zucchini, cut into spears
  • 1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned and trimmed of ends
  • 1-2 tbsp fresh Parmesan, shredded

Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Add the vegetables and marinate for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.

Grill until tender yet still a bit crisp. I served them with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

8 Responses to “Grilled Asparagus and Zucchini Spears with Parmesan Cheese”

Cheryl — August 6, 2008 @ 3:50 pm

Beautiful! love the plate too!

Manggy — August 6, 2008 @ 4:01 pm

Ah, I’ve yet to perfect grilling vegetables– I tend to overdo it! Yours look lovely! :)

Jason — August 6, 2008 @ 4:48 pm

Yummy, this is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer. I usually just brush mine with olive oil and salt and pepper. I will have to try out this marinade, sounds good.

Sarah — August 6, 2008 @ 5:08 pm

Wow, I have just stumbled upon your blog, and I must say, I love it! I’m very excited to come back here and browse your recipes. And your outdoor kitchen for camping – impressive! I’ve also talked with Cheryl a bit through our blogs – I just moved here to Salem, so we’re close!

Paula — August 6, 2008 @ 7:33 pm

Oh lordy, this looks great. I like how you sliced the zuccchini, and grilled asparagus is so terrific. The marinade sounds great. I need to used vinegar more often in marinading. Topping the veggies with parmesan … YUM!

Jan — August 7, 2008 @ 3:00 am

It sounds like your marinade would give those veggies a nice zing.

Dhanggit — August 7, 2008 @ 9:07 am

i love grilled veggies!! and the best part of this you topped them with parmesan..i love love this!

Kevin — August 10, 2008 @ 12:30 pm

That is a nice way to enjoy some asparagus and zucchini. I think that adding a splash of balsamic vinegar would be great as well.