Coconut, Chocolate Chip and Almond Cookies

It was a rainy day and I wasn’t looking forward to another game of Candyland so I suggested making cookies. My children happily agreed and away we went. The coconut, chocolate chip and almond combination were fantastic together – they reminded me of an Almond Joy candy bar. These cookies were gooey, soft, sweet, salty and crunchy. I was in heaven, my children, my husband and my neighbor all loved them too. Don’t forget to dip them in ice cold milk but I must warn you – they are addictive! Thanks to my neighbor, Cheryl, who just gave me a wonderful cookie recipe book… it inspired me to create these cookies.

Coconut, Chocolate Chip, and Almond Cookies:

• 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups of flaked coconut
  • 1 cup almond slivers
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Mix the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Slowly beat in the eggs. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together thoroughly. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until well blended. Add the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds and mix. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minuets or until golden brown. Allow to cool before moving them to a wire wrack. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

20 Responses to “Coconut, Chocolate Chip and Almond Cookies”

Cheryl — August 7, 2008 @ 6:50 pm

They were so good, YUM!

karuna — August 7, 2008 @ 7:23 pm

these look good. iam also trying to bake a few cookies today.

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) — August 7, 2008 @ 7:27 pm

Bring on the milk…..this will make a brilliant midnight snack!

Jan — August 8, 2008 @ 2:55 am

That sounds like a wonderful combo of flavors, Pam, and they look just perfect.

nicole — August 8, 2008 @ 5:41 am

Anything with coconut is good. They look so yummy and I bet they were perfect for that rainy day.

Paula — August 8, 2008 @ 7:28 am

Oooh, I’m on an almond kick right now. A cookie that reminds you of an almond joy candy bar … works for me! These cookies look great, and dunking one in milk would be way better than playing the 100th game of candyland. Although if your children are like mine, they would want to both eat the cookies and play the game! Great cookie!

hot garlic — August 8, 2008 @ 7:59 am

These look DELIGHTFUL and so, so tasty. I love coconut! And Almond Joy is one of my faves. I just made a different coconut choc chip cookie recipe from my friend’s blog {myrecipedia.blogspot.com} and now I am on a quest to see which one is better! I am sure they are equally sinful.

Carmen — August 8, 2008 @ 12:30 pm

Yum, I love this flavor combo – cococnut + chocolate + almonds! Thanks for the recipe, can’t wait to try it out. :)

Susan — August 8, 2008 @ 1:22 pm

These are cookies I have to try. Love trying different cookie recipes and this is one I haven’t tried. They look great.

Jeanine — August 8, 2008 @ 1:41 pm

Yummy!! Thanks to you pic, i think I need to bake some cookies today! These look great!

Joy — August 21, 2008 @ 3:38 pm

Ahhh! These were SO good! I love coconut and this was just the right mixture of a traditional cc cookie and something so much more. Loved them!

Anonymous — September 13, 2008 @ 6:32 am

These cookies are so yummy!!! however, instead of using chocolate chips, we substituted 1 1/2 cups of chopped dried apricots. SO YUMMY! thankyou so much for this recipe! the apricots make for a nice chewy consistancy.

Julie — April 1, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

These cookies are amazing!!! made them and they were so easy I was impressed!

Caroline — June 14, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

I made these and they were good…but needed more flour!
    Next time, I am adding 1 to 1/2 cups for flour.
    The ones I made spread too much and did not cook evenly.

In Search Of: the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Part 44: Coconut, Chocolate Chip and Almond Cookies « Kitchen Buddies — July 20, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

[...] I found this recipe on another food blog. [...]

At least… | My Best Cookbook — January 17, 2013 @ 10:25 am

[...] They chose to make cookies with coconut, white chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips. They used this recipe and just substituted 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and omitted the almonds. [...]

Deb — January 25, 2013 @ 10:02 am

These cookies came out perfectly! Was just the right amounts of everything! Delicious!!

Aaisha — April 14, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

Hi. I just made these today and they didn’t quite look like yours. They were much drier.. almost like granola.. when I finished the dough. I had to roll them and flatten them into patties to bake them. Just want to confirm that the recipe uses 1 stick of butter and two eggs? Thanks!

Renee — December 18, 2013 @ 8:05 am

What is the yield? About 3 doz? 4?

• Pam replied: — December 18th, 2013 @ 11:37 am

I made about 24… you can make more or less depending on the size you make them. I hope this helps.