Balsamic, Dijon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Breasts

It was a beautiful day today, so grilling was a must. I was in the mood for a big salad (with lettuce from Jack’s garden) and grilled chicken breasts. I wanted to marinate them in something light and tasty so I chose balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic. They are a great combination of flavors that will pair nicely with my House Salad. My husband did an excellent job grilling the chicken – it came out moist and tender. It was a fantastic meal followed by roasted marshmallows on the deck. A lovely evening spent together.

• 3-4 chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 shallot, chopped finely
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag and mix thoroughly; add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Grill meat about 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices are running clear. Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes before cutting it. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

My husband and children roasting marshmallows

13 Responses to “Balsamic, Dijon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Breasts”

Kevin — August 4, 2008 @ 9:12 pm

That chicken looks really tasty!

Elle — August 5, 2008 @ 2:44 am

Looks delicious! And you can’t better than roasted marshmallows for dessert in the summertime.

Ashley — August 5, 2008 @ 8:17 am

This looks yummy, I’m going to try it this week! And I’m jealous you get to roast marshmallows on your deck! That is too fun!

Tom Aarons — August 5, 2008 @ 10:00 am

Love the look of your chicken!

Devin — August 5, 2008 @ 10:55 pm

I am currently creating e-Cookbooks on Italian, Mexican, and Asian cooking. I would like to feature some of your recipes in my book. I am trying to find easy, intermediate, and advanced recipes for people who enjoy cooking. I would love any ideas and suggestions you have for my book.

Best Regards,
    Devin

TryItalianCooking.com
    TryMexicanCooking.com

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) — August 6, 2008 @ 3:23 am

Oh, I wish I was a kid all over again…..

Paula — August 6, 2008 @ 7:31 pm

How did I miss this post? The chicken looks great! I appreciate the flavor that dijon brings to marinades. I actually prefer it in marinades vs. slathered on a sandwich! I bet this would taste great on fish, too!

I love that chiminea! We’ve actually been shopping for one. I’ve not seen any so far with a screen. What a great feature! Do you like yours? Is it hard to maintain? What a

Jeanine — August 8, 2008 @ 1:39 pm

That chicken looks so good! I’ll have to give this one a try. :)

Serahs — August 9, 2008 @ 6:03 am

That chicken looks really tasty. I’m filing that in my recipes folder on my computer. I can’t wait to taste it.

Diane — February 7, 2012 @ 3:08 am

I made these tonight with boneless thighs instead of breasts and grilled inside on grill pan. They came out really good. Nice flavor.

menu plan monday ~ june 3, 2013 | Christmas Notebook — June 4, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

[...] Grilled Pork Chops and Marinated Chicken Garden Salad Roasted [...]

Catherine — June 5, 2013 @ 11:27 am

Very tasty recipe! I decided to make a tossed salad to go along with the chicken with similar ingredients in the dressing. I mixed together some grey poupon, balsamic vinegar and agave nectar and it made a sweet and spicy dressing with hardly any calories! A little goes a long way though because the grey poupon is spicy. Thanks!

yaplog — August 1, 2013 @ 8:52 am

fantastic blog !!! i am going to definitelly back right here!