Asian Noodle Salad

I was craving a light but tasty side dish so I decided to try a cold Asian noodle salad. I really love the flavors and textures of this dish. The vegetables and peanuts gave it a nice crunch while the noodles were soft and chewy. This was a perfect salad for a hot day! The kids couldn’t get enough and neither could my husband.

Dressing:

• 1/2 cup of seasoned rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp sugar

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Let sit for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.

Salad:

• 1 handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
  • 1 handful of basil leaves, chopped
  • 2 green onions, diced finely
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
  • 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
  • 1 cup of shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cup of toasted peanuts
  • 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked per instructions

Prepare all the vegetables, set aside. Once the spaghetti has cooked per instructions, rinse with cold water and drain. Once the noodles are cool, add the vegetables and peanuts. Mix the dressing again thoroughly then add to the noodles and vegetables. Stir until well combined and serve. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

On a side note:

I was given a Brillante Weblog award by The Food Monster. Thank you so much for the award, it means a lot to me. I also want to thank you for all your nice comments on my blog. I enjoy your blog a lot and I am always tempted by your food photos.

The rules for receiving the award are as follows:

• Post the logo on your blog.
  • Add a link to the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 5 other people for this award and add links to their blogs.
  • Leave a message for the people you’ve nominated

I love a lot of blogs so I will just pick a few that I visit often:

1. Jason Cooks because he comes up with tasty recipes and he is a fellow Portland Foodie.
  2. Culinarty by Lore because there are always great recipes and pictures to enjoy.
  3. Cheryl at Cooking, Dunkin Style because she is the best neighbor a girl could ask for and she has great recipes.
  4. Jan at Range Warfare because I love her blog, writing and recipes.
  5. Amy at Eggs on Sunday because her photography is vivid and amazing while her recipes always look fantastic.

22 Responses to “Asian Noodle Salad”

Cheryl — July 28, 2008 @ 3:56 pm

That looks reallly good! Thanks for the award Chica!

Lore — July 28, 2008 @ 5:10 pm

Pam thank you so much for your kind words! I first thought this colourful noodle salad was all for me haha :)

Paula — July 28, 2008 @ 6:28 pm

Oh man, I should have known better than to visit here around lunch time. Now I want this noodle salad, well, right now! Yum!

Congrats on your award, too! Also, I like your sidebar courteous/copywrited sticker.

Jan — July 28, 2008 @ 11:23 pm

Your Asian salad looks fab, Pam, so colorful and yummy. Thank you so much for the award, and for your lovely comment about my blog. I appreciate it.

BTW, I’m going to have a go at making your Portobello burgers tonight. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Jason — July 29, 2008 @ 5:46 am

Thank you SO much for the award, that was so kind of you!!! I love getting to know my fellow food bloggers Portland! I will definitely pass on the nominations, as everyone deserves the proper recognition!

canarygirl — July 29, 2008 @ 11:20 am

yay! Noodles! Salad! Right up my alley. :)

Tom Aarons — July 30, 2008 @ 11:19 am

That looks thoroughly delicious, and your photos are downright beautiful!

RebeccaC — July 30, 2008 @ 7:29 pm

Just found you through Foodbuzz — amazing photo! I’m going to have to try your version of this salad. I recently posted a similar recipe that has a cold peanut sauce dressing, soba noodles, toasted sesame seeds and cucumber strings, but this looks like it would be a bit lighter/more refreshing. Thanks for a great recipe!

Katie's blog — July 31, 2008 @ 2:30 am

I enjoyed your recipe. I just made a similar version with lemon juice, dijon mustard, chicken, and other vegetables. I will have to try yours. It looks really good.

Bobby — August 1, 2008 @ 2:26 pm

Nice, very colorful and looks extremely good. Great ingredients, this is my kind of dish.

Archana — August 13, 2008 @ 9:52 am

Congrats on the award. I would love for you to send this salad as well to the ONE DISH MEAL- Salad event. I am really looking forward to you recipes for the event.

Laura — May 21, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

Made this tonite. It was fantastic. Mixed in shredded chicken and added a touch of Asian hot chili sauce. So yummy. Thank you!

Terry — June 21, 2012 @ 8:06 am

with a small variation this would make for great lettuce wraps

Asian-Glazed Chicken Thighs | My Best Cookbook — February 21, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

[...] Cooking Light recipe on Myrecipes and thought it would pair nicely with my husband’s favorite Asian Noodle Salad. I halved the recipe and reduced the sriracha (for the kids) but other than that made it as [...]

Barb — February 27, 2013 @ 4:17 am

Beautiful looking Asian Noodle Salad! Pam how did you “shred” your carrots so perfectly? Thanks again for all the lovely recipes and I can’t wait t make this salad.

• Pam replied: — February 27th, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Barb,

I cheat. I buy pre-shredded carrots. They are great in salads, slaws, and this noodle salad. It saves me a lot of time!

Barb — February 27, 2013 @ 9:02 am

That is what I will do as well. They look so perfect and beautiful in this salad. No sense creating work for one’s self. I can’t wait to try this! I appreciate you getting back to me.

rk — March 18, 2013 @ 11:48 am

hm…I have these ready shredded carrots sitting at home…gotta do this. Is it better to use some sort of Asian noodles instead of spaghetti? I do have rice vinegar and spicy sesame oil…yum! Thanks for this great recipe.

• Pam replied: — March 19th, 2013 @ 8:06 am

You can use whatever noodles you have on hand. I used spaghetti because that was what I had in my pantry.

Lana — May 14, 2013 @ 7:06 am

We had this last night as part of my birthday dinner. It was fabulous and our 9 month old grandson was stuffing it in with both fists!

Sue — June 26, 2013 @ 3:42 am

Can’t wait to make this noodle salad…I always have rice vinegar, but what is “seasoned” rice vinegar? Is this something different or what do you season it with?

• Pam replied: — June 26th, 2013 @ 7:30 am

Seasoned rice vinegar is sweeter than regular. It will be right next to the regular rice vinegar in the grocery store.

I hope this helps.