Asian Noodle Salad
I was craving a light but tasty side dish so I decided to try a cold Asian noodle salad. I really love the flavors and textures of this dish. The vegetables and peanuts gave it a nice crunch while the noodles were soft and chewy. This was a perfect salad for a hot day! The kids couldn’t get enough and neither could my husband.
- 1/2 cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Let sit for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced finely
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of toasted peanuts
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked per instructions
Prepare all the vegetables, set aside. Once the spaghetti has cooked per instructions, rinse with cold water and drain. Once the noodles are cool, add the vegetables and peanuts. Mix the dressing again thoroughly then add to the noodles and vegetables. Stir until well combined and serve. Enjoy.
On a side note:
I was given a Brillante Weblog award by The Food Monster. Thank you so much for the award, it means a lot to me. I also want to thank you for all your nice comments on my blog. I enjoy your blog a lot and I am always tempted by your food photos.
The rules for receiving the award are as follows:
- Post the logo on your blog.
- Add a link to the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5 other people for this award and add links to their blogs.
- Leave a message for the people you’ve nominated
I love a lot of blogs so I will just pick a few that I visit often:
- Jason Cooks because he comes up with tasty recipes and he is a fellow Portland Foodie.
- Culinarty by Lore because there are always great recipes and pictures to enjoy.
- Cheryl at Cooking, Dunkin Style because she is the best neighbor a girl could ask for and she has great recipes.
- Jan at Range Warfare because I love her blog, writing and recipes.
- Amy at Eggs on Sunday because her photography is vivid and amazing while her recipes always look fantastic.