Asian Noodle Salad
I was craving a light but tasty side dish so I decided to try a cold Asian noodle salad. I really love the flavors and textures of this dish. The vegetables and peanuts gave it a nice crunch while the noodles were soft and chewy. This was a perfect salad for a hot day! The kids couldn’t get enough and neither could my husband.
- 1/2 cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Let sit for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced finely
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of toasted peanuts
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked per instructions
Prepare all the vegetables, set aside. Once the spaghetti has cooked per instructions, rinse with cold water and drain. Once the noodles are cool, add the vegetables and peanuts. Mix the dressing again thoroughly then add to the noodles and vegetables. Stir until well combined and serve. Enjoy.