Strawberry and Banana Muffins

My daughter has been asking me to make muffins for a week. We had some strawberries and ripe bananas that I needed to use up so I decided to use those in the muffins. They were beautiful, tart, sweet and perfectly baked. Needless to say they were gobbled up quickly. Make sure to spread butter over the muffins for an extra tasty treat. This recipe makes 12 muffins.

Dry Ingredients:

• 2 1/4 cup of flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced

Wet Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 2 large ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. After mixing, gently fold in the strawberries, making sure to coat them with flour – this helps prevent the berries from sinking while baking. In another large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (I use a potato masher to break up the banana) until mixed thoroughly. Slowly combine the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stir until just combined – do not over mix the batter or you will have tough muffins. Fill the muffin tray with the batter, place in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

14 Responses to “Strawberry and Banana Muffins”

recipes2share — June 25, 2008 @ 3:37 pm

what a delicious flavour combination, I’m not surprised they were all eaten!

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen — June 25, 2008 @ 4:37 pm

What a great use of leftover fruit! They look great!

Susan — June 25, 2008 @ 4:51 pm

They look great…strawberries and bananas..yummy…a definite must try recipe

Zooey53 — June 26, 2008 @ 2:21 am

these look so tasty. Simple and perfect.

Paula — June 26, 2008 @ 4:01 am

Oh man, that butter looks like it’s melting into a warm muffin! I bet these would be great with cream cheese, too. Although I might just want to eat them just as they are. Great tip to use the potato masher on the bananas!

Kisha — June 26, 2008 @ 5:22 am

these look really yummy. I am always looking for new things and banana anything is a hit in my house.

Ginger M — June 26, 2008 @ 1:38 pm

Hi! I just ate a so-so walnut muffin and now I have muffin-envy! That last image looks like muffin perfection. Muffection!

Kristin at The Kitchen Sink — June 26, 2008 @ 4:36 pm

These sound delicious! I’m always looking for new breakfasty baked goods so I’ll be giving this a try.

Sophie — June 26, 2008 @ 4:57 pm

We’d like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you’re interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)

Kevin — June 27, 2008 @ 2:00 am

Those muffins look really good! Especially with the melting butter.

Stacia — June 27, 2008 @ 4:50 pm

I made these morning with local strawberries — yum! Great recipe.

Paul — June 28, 2008 @ 3:18 pm

A very simple recipe that I am looking forward to trying tonight!

Anonymous — July 16, 2008 @ 10:25 pm

Not only do these look good in your picture, they are good!!! I just made them and I have to say they are the best muffins I have ever had. I used thawed frozen strawberries instead of fresh because that was what I had on hand and they turned our perfectly. Thanks for the yummy recipe!!

Amanda — October 5, 2008 @ 1:23 am

I just clicked random on food gawker and found these. They look incredible! Thank you for the recipe!