Our neighbor, Jack, grows the most beautiful garden every year. We feel very privileged to receive fresh produce all summer long. He brought us freshly picked green and purple lettuce this week and I looked forward to creating a delicious salad with it. I had really ripe nectarines on hand and also some goat cheese that I needed to use up. This salad was AMAZING. It was a bit salty, sweet, crunchy & creamy – a perfect combination of textures and flavors. I served it with lasagna and bread sticks.
- Fresh lettuce (whatever kind you like)
- 1 nectarine, sliced thinly
- 1-2 goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded & sliced
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp of craisins
- 1-2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Balsamic vinaigrette (click here for recipe)
Combine all ingredients, toss & serve. Enjoy.
A portion of Jack’s beautiful garden