Shredded Chicken Burritos

Shredded Chicken BurritosAs you can tell from my recipe blog, we LOVE Mexican food. My kids can’t get enough and it’s the same for my husband and me. I wasn’t in the mood to cook a big meal (90 degrees outside) so I decided to make quick & easy burritos. They turn out good every time! The shredded chicken is very tasty with subtle hints of cumin, chili & garlic. It’s quick and easy to make and it tastes so good.

Shredded Chicken:

• 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
  • 3 cups of chicken broth
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp sweet yellow onion, diced finely
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and gently boil for 20 minutes. Let the chicken breasts cool then shred with two forks.

• Flour tortillas
  • Cheddar cheese (or low fat Mexican blend)
  • Tomatoes, diced
  • Sweet yellow onion OR green onions, diced
  • Black olives, sliced
  • Cilantro, chopped
  • Non fat refried beans (cooked)
  • Non fat sour cream
  • Salsa or hot sauce
  • Guacamole (click here for recipe)

Layer all ingredients (as much or as little) as you like. Roll & eat. Enjoy.

Shredded Chicken BurritosClick here for a printable version of this recipe

8 Responses to “Shredded Chicken Burritos”

ellesnewenglandkitchen — May 19, 2008 @ 7:11 pm

So simple, but hearty and delicious at the same time. I love recipes like this!

Kevin — May 19, 2008 @ 8:51 pm

Those burritos look tasty!

Leslie — May 20, 2008 @ 1:27 am

These look so yummy and so easy!

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) — May 22, 2008 @ 7:00 am

This is Friday night food for us and today is only Thursday,,aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Anonymous — July 13, 2008 @ 3:01 pm

I love this recipe! I make it almost every other week. Instead of 20 minutes, I cover and leave the chicken boiling for 1 hour and a half to get the chicken tender enough to just fall apart. After shredding the chicken, I put some of it back in the broth and add some noodles for chicken soup.

Anonymous — September 16, 2008 @ 4:00 pm

OMG, these are so good! I can’t believe I’ve never made shredded chicken before. Thank you! I see so many other great recipes on your site, that I’m going to have to make a list of ingredients and head over to the store. Thanks again!!!

Burritos Dietary Information - Adipex Diet Pills Online — September 30, 2012 @ 12:43 am

[…] you still don’t have any idea about the level of calories chicken-based burritos have, well, it has the highest level of calories, while burritos made of cheese and beans have the […]

Mexican food — November 18, 2015 @ 11:02 pm

I love mexican foods because chicken burrito recipe is part of mexican food. So i love burritos.