Shredded Chicken Burritos
As you can tell from my recipe blog, we LOVE Mexican food. My kids can’t get enough and it’s the same for my husband and me. I wasn’t in the mood to cook a big meal (90 degrees outside) so I decided to make quick & easy burritos. They turn out good every time! The shredded chicken is very tasty with subtle hints of cumin, chili & garlic. It’s quick and easy to make and it tastes so good.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sweet yellow onion, diced finely
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and gently boil for 20 minutes. Let the chicken breasts cool then shred with two forks.
- Flour tortillas
- Cheddar cheese (or low fat Mexican blend)
- Tomatoes, diced
- Sweet yellow onion OR green onions, diced
- Black olives, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Non fat refried beans (cooked)
- Non fat sour cream
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Guacamole (click here for recipe)
Layer all ingredients (as much or as little) as you like. Roll & eat. Enjoy.