Wilted Spinach Salad
This salad was a HUGE hit with my entire family. It was great to see my kids want seconds – especially when it comes to spinach!! This is fun to make & tastes so delicious! A quick, easy & fabulous salad.
- 4-6 slices pancetta, cooked (oil reserved), crumbled
- 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pancetta in a hot skillet over medium heat; remove pancetta to a paper towel to drain then crumble. Add olive oil to the remaining oil from the pancetta (not much there but has great flavor); add shallot and sauté, stirring frequently. Add vinegar, soy sauce, sugar & salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/4 sweet yellow or red onion, sliced thinly
- 1-2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
Once you taste the dressing & season accordingly, add spinach, mushrooms, onion, cranberries and bacon crumbles to the pan with the dressing & toss over low heat until completely coated. Remove to serving bowl and top with chopped egg. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net