Parmesan Couscous with Roasted Garlic, Toasted Pine Nuts and Caramelized Onions
This was my first time making couscous and we all loved it. It’s very similar to rice and was full of great flavors. It was a perfect side dish to my Pork with Tomatoes, Caramelized Onions and Roasted Garlic (see recipe here). This will become a regular in our house.
- 1 box of plain Couscous (or whatever flavor you desire) cook per instructions
- 1-2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 3-5 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped (see recipe here)
- 1-2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
Prepare couscous per instructions. In dry skillet, add pine nuts and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes (stirring frequently). Remove from heat. In same skillet, add oil, once hot, add onions and cook until caramelized & tender. Once the couscous is done, stir in the onions, pine nuts, roasted garlic, cheese and parsley. Enjoy.
Click here for printable recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net