This was my first time making couscous and we all loved it. It’s very similar to rice and was full of great flavors. It was a perfect side dish to my Pork with Tomatoes, Caramelized Onions and Roasted Garlic (see recipe here). This will become a regular in our house.
- 1 box of plain Couscous (or whatever flavor you desire) cook per instructions
- 1-2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 3-5 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped (see recipe here)
- 1-2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
Prepare couscous per instructions. In dry skillet, add pine nuts and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes (stirring frequently). Remove from heat. In same skillet, add oil, once hot, add onions and cook until caramelized & tender. Once the couscous is done, stir in the onions, pine nuts, roasted garlic, cheese and parsley. Enjoy.
Click here for printable recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net