Chicken Teriyaki Burger with Grilled Pineapple
This is a favorite in our house. It’s a perfect combination of savory & sweet with a bit of crunch. It’s easy to make, kid friendly and really good. This burger pairs nicely with baked thick cut fries.
- 3-4 chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
- 1-2 cups of your favorite teriyaki sauce
Place chicken breasts, 1 at a time, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound to an even thickness. Marinate in the teriyaki sauce for 6-24 hours in a Ziploc bag.
- 1 can of pineapple rings (or fresh pineapple if you prefer)
- Low fat Swiss cheese slices
- Low fat mayonnaise
- Hamburger buns (whatever flavor you like)
- Additional topping ideas:
- Tomato slices
- Sweet yellow onion slices
- Extra teriyaki sauce
Spray cooking spray in a grill pan over medium heat. Add pineapple rings & cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill pan & set aside. Add more cooking spray to the pan; add chicken and cook over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on the first side. Turn over and add the pineapple rings and low fat Swiss cheese. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Heat the bun in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Add low fat mayonnaise to the bun, chicken/pineapple/cheese, and all the fixings you want. Enjoy!