I love being a food blogger for many reasons but I’ll be honest, one of the best reasons, is getting lots of kitchen gadgets from cool companies. I was recently sent a huge package of Pampered Chef’s new products. This box was filled with so many amazing goodies like, a ginger grater, barbecue corn & skewer rack, fruit & cheese cutter, bean slicer, fresh lasting lid system, garlic smash & paste, scoop and spread spoon, silicone prep bowls, tea infusion pitcher, microwave grips, boil over no more, single serving pan, sweet basil rub, and a cookbook. How awesome is that?!? They also offered my readers a really HUGE GIVEAWAY! See details at the bottom of this recipe.
For this recipe I used the cookbook (so many quick & easy recipes), the scoop & spread spoon (which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE), silicone prep bowls (really flexible and great sizes), sweet basil rub (tastes so good), garlic smash & paste (worked really well), and fresh lasting lid system for the leftovers (these were so great and fit my glass dishes perfectly). Everything was easy to use and very convenient. I am looking forward to trying out the rest of the products soon. Thank you Pampered Chef!!
I found a recipe in the new Pampered Chef’s Cookbook that looked amazing. I adapted it to suit our tastes and to work with what I had on hand. The crispy pork turned out moist, tender, flavorful, and crispy while the tomato jam turned out to be sweet, tangy, and super delicious. We all ABSOLUTELY LOVED how well the pork paired with the tomato jam. I served this meal with the Cherry Tomato, Asparagus, and Avocado Salad Topped with Basil and Feta along with some rice and it was healthy, flavorful, and delicious.
Place the olive oil into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, and sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Cook on medium low for 60 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and blend it well using an immersion blender.
While the tomato jam is simmering, line a baking sheet with tin foil then place a wire rack on top.
Combine the panko crumbs with the Sweet Basil Rub and mix until well combined. Mix the egg with the milk and whisk until thoroughly combined. Dip the pork chops into the egg mixture then place into the panko mixture, making sure to cover the entire chop with the panko mixture. Place the pork chop on the wire rack. Repeat procedure with the remaining chops.
Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Side Note: Don’t skip this step – it helps the panko adhere to the pork. Remove from the refrigerator and let them sit a room temperature while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop then spray each chop with a bit of cooking spray. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork’s internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Turn the oven to broil and cook for a minute or two (watching very carefully) so the top crust gets golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the tomato jam. Enjoy.
Side Note: I have been selected by The Pampered Chef to be an ambassador for their Spring Products. While I have received product in exchange for my post, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.
GIVEAWAY: (Winner Announced – Giveaway Closed)
The generous people at Pampered Chef are offering one of my readers a big box filled with some of their newest products – valued at $265.00! All you have to do to enter is leave a comment on this post.
- Like For the Love of Cooking on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
- Follow @4loveofcooking on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
- Follow For the Love of Cooking on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
- Like Pampered Chef on their Facebook Page. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
- Follow @pamperedchef on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
- Follow Pampered Chef on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
The giveaway is open until Sunday, April 14, 2013 @ 7:30 p.m. This giveaway is only open to USA residents only. Be sure to include an e-mail address with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on Sunday night. I will email the winner and if the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Product will be shipped directly to the winner by Pampered Chef.
(Winner Announced – Giveaway Closed)
Crispy Baked Pork Chops with Tomato Jam
- Tomato Jam:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Crispy Baked Pork Chops:
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup of Italian seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp Sweet Basil Rub
- 3 boneless pork chops about an inch thick
- Cooking spray
- While the tomato jam is simmering, line a baking sheet with tin foil then place a wire rack on top.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Side Note: Don't skip this step - it helps the panko adhere to the pork. Remove from the refrigerator and let them sit a room temperature while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop then spray each chop with a bit of cooking spray. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork's internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.