I realize that this post is just for people who have an espresso maker but I really love my morning latte so I decided to share this recipe with you. These instructions are the way I make my latte with my Krups espresso maker. Other espresso makers’ instructions may differ.
I have a latte every morning with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top of the foam which forms a delicious “crust” and I absolutely LOVE them! I was recently sent some delicious dark roast coffee called Black Velvet by the people at Peter Asher Coffee and Tea. I finally finished the last of my old coffee and I was very excited to try out this new dark roast. It smelled amazing when I opened up the package… rich, smokey, and bold. The coffee was much stronger than my usual medium roast coffee and I loved it! I am normally not a fan of smokiness in my coffee but I have to say, I really, REALLY loved it! I added a bit of vanilla extract to my milk to make this coffee an extra special treat. Make sure to check out the Peter Asher website or Facebook page to learn more about their delicious coffees and teas.
- Pour the milk into a coffee cup; add a drop or two of vanilla extract (optional)
- Fill your espresso maker filter holder with the ground espresso and pack it firmly in place.
- Place the filter holder into the machine and lock it in place.
- Fill the frothing pitcher with water and pour into the machine and replace the lid.
- Turn the machine to the espresso setting to begin brewing espresso.
- Once the brewing begins, and the espresso has started dripping into the metal carafe, flip the knob to the steaming setting.
- Steam the milk, gently moving the coffee mug slightly up an down (to heat the milk through), as well as letting the tip of the steam rise just above the milk to get a nice froth. Finish the steaming process once you have a nice froth and the milk is hot.
- Turn knob back to the espresso setting and let the remaining espresso drip into the carafe.
- Flip back to the steaming setting to release all of the pressure from the steamer.
- Carefully pour the espresso into the steamed & frothy milk, to taste
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together until well combine.
- Sprinkle the top of the foam with a cinnamon and sugar mixture, to taste – I like to cover all of the foam while my husband likes just a touch.
Drink up and enjoy.