Chipotle Ranch Dressing

I normally make this ranch dressing but didn’t feel like going to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. I found a ranch dressing packet in the cupboard and luckily I happened to have buttermilk. I decided to make it a bit spicy by adding some chipotle sauce to it. I served this dressing on a delicious salad with blackened chicken (to post tomorrow). It was creamy, flavorful, and spicy – a perfect combination for the salad.

Combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, and ranch dressing packet together. Add some chipotle sauce (not the peppers), to taste. Mix until well combined. Place into the refrigerator to thicken. Serve drizzled over your favorite salad. Enjoy.

Chipotle Ranch Dressing

Yield: 2 cups

Total Time: 5 min.

Ingredients:

1 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of buttermilk
1 packet of ranch dressing seasonings
Chipotle sauce (not peppers), to taste

Directions:

10 Responses to “Chipotle Ranch Dressing”

Andrea@WellnessNotes — June 2, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

Sounds delicious, Pam! My husband would LOVE it!

tin kinh tế 24h — June 2, 2014 @ 9:50 pm

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit
    more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

Exceptional work!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — June 3, 2014 @ 11:00 am

A lovely dressing!

Helen @ Scrummy Lane — June 3, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

I’ve never made a ranch dressing before but I’ve seen it mentioned on blogs before and it always sounds very tasty. Seems like a great staple recipe!

Jovina Coughlin — June 3, 2014 @ 4:35 pm

Delicious homemade dressing with a kick. I’ll have to give it a try.

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup — June 3, 2014 @ 5:56 pm

This is our favorite dressing. I can’t wait to try it homemade. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Chris @ The Café Sucré Farine — June 4, 2014 @ 6:27 am

This sounds delicious Pam. I haven’t been to Outback for awhile but they used to have a spicy ranch dressing that I loved. Your’s sounds similar, yum!

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — June 4, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

I can see why you had to recreate this salad. You did a masterful job, because it wasn’t a simple 123 deal to figure out. Love the dressing by the way. Store bought chipotle dressing is my favorite right now. Homemade is always WAY better, so I am jazzed.

Kim in MD — June 4, 2014 @ 4:22 pm

My family loves anything with chipotles…yum!

Joanne — June 7, 2014 @ 9:16 am

Ooo I love that you added spice! Awesome way to add WOW to the dressing.