Baked (Hard Boiled) Eggs

I am feeling a bit better today – thank you for your sweet comments and e-mails. I had a major craving for a hard boiled egg this morning  so I decided to try my hand at baking the eggs instead of boiling them. Boiling is quicker but my eggs will sometimes crack in the process which makes them rubbery. Baking them couldn’t be any easier… simply put them in a muffin tin (to keep them from rolling) and bake for 30 minutes. The eggs turned out AMAZING! Seriously, the best I’ve ever had. The yolk seemed extra creamy and the whites didn’t feel too rubbery. This  is the way I will always make my hard (non) boiled eggs.

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Place the eggs inside a mini muffin pan. Put the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully place the eggs into a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and peel the eggs. Enjoy.

Baked (Hard Boiled) Eggs

Yield: 6

Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients:

6 eggs (or as many as you want)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

19 Responses to “Baked (Hard Boiled) Eggs”

Kris — January 20, 2014 @ 9:19 pm

I am so glad you are feeling better!!! I have tried it this way once before, because it is always hard to peel the eggs when you cook such fresh eggs as home grown.
    Take care of yourself. Drink oj, and rest!!
    xo Kris

Jenn — January 21, 2014 @ 4:32 am

What a great idea.. I would have never thought to bake them… I think I will give it a try next time I want hard boiled eggs…. especially with the rave reviews you have given them.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Jamie Sarner — January 21, 2014 @ 8:23 am

Ahh, my breakfast for the next lazy morning has been decided! 30 minutes is a quite a lot, a lot more than I would expect, but they look delicious – do they get done more evenly when baked dry like this?
    Thanks for the post!
    Jamie

• Pam replied: — January 21st, 2014 @ 9:18 am

They seemed to cook very evenly. The yolk seemed creamier rather than dry. It was simple, easy, and they tasted great.

Carrie — January 21, 2014 @ 10:25 am

I am looking forward to trying this – I seem to have inconsistent results with boiling. Quick question – were your eggs cold out of the fridge, or did you let them come to room temp before baking? Thanks

• Pam replied: — January 21st, 2014 @ 11:09 am

Cold – straight from the refrigerator.

Suz — January 21, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

Continue feeling better!
    Have you tried the 12 minutes steep method for your eggs? We do a lot with eggs for potato salad, egg salad, deviled eggs and have found that method the most tender of ways to prepare.
    Suz

Lynn S — January 21, 2014 @ 3:30 pm

Eggs like delicious. Your photography is amazing.

Joanne — January 21, 2014 @ 4:40 pm

I am so doing this. somehow throwing them in the oven seems easier than boiling water!

Andrea@WellnessNotes — January 21, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

What a neat way to boil eggs!

Jovina Coughlin — January 21, 2014 @ 7:33 pm

Thank you for this tip. I did not know about it. I would much prefer to do this than boil the eggs

• Jovina Coughlin replied: — January 28th, 2014 @ 9:10 am

Pam I made the eggs this way and loved it. So much easier. Thank you.

Angie@Angie's Recipes — January 21, 2014 @ 7:44 pm

A simple and quick way to make a batch of hard boiled eggs!

Nancy A. — January 22, 2014 @ 3:10 am

Glad you are feeling better! Great way to have a boiled egg. I have been doing mine in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes on low pressure and it really works! They are so easy to peel!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — January 22, 2014 @ 10:25 am

You’re a genius, how awesome is this? Sending to my dad, he would love this!

carey — January 22, 2014 @ 11:25 am

Wonderful idea, egg salad for lunch this weekend & deviled eggs for the super bowl ;)
    Does quantity of eggs make a difference in cooking time? Glad you are feeling better!

• Pam replied: — January 22nd, 2014 @ 2:25 pm

Carey,

Nope – you could do 1 egg or a dozen and it would still be 30 minutes.

Kim in MD — January 22, 2014 @ 12:50 pm

This is genius! I can’t wait it try it! I’m sorry you have been under the weather. I hope you feel better soon!

Angela — January 23, 2014 @ 9:54 am

I use my steamer for hard boiled eggs – 18 minutes and they’re done perfectly every time! Baking them is an excellent idea. Boiling is just so inconsistent, at least for me.