Salted Caramel Brownie Bites

We had friends coming over for dinner to celebrate a birthday. The birthday girl wanted something with chocolate for dessert. I found a brownie mix in the pantry and some caramel sauce. I decided to make mini brownie bites topped off with some caramel and sea salt. They were fantastic! The key is, to top the brownie with caramel and salt RIGHT BEFORE you serve them so the brownie bites don’t get soggy. They were a big hit with the birthday girl and the rest of us too. Quick, simple, and decadent – you can’t beat that!

Preheat the oven 20 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners into the mini muffin tray.

Prepare the brownie mix per instructions.  Pour batter evenly into mini cupcake tray liners.

Place into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the tester inserted into the center of a brownie comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Cool completely. The top of the brownie bites should have sunk in. If not, use the back of a spoon to press into the center of the brownie to make a well. Once you are ready to serve the brownie bites, spoon a bit of caramel sauce into the well of each brownie bite. Sprinkle the top with sea salt, to taste. Serve immediately.

Salted Caramel Brownie Bites

Yield: 24

Prep Time: 10 min.

Cook Time: 13-15 min.

Ingredients:

Brownie mix, made per instructions
Caramel sauce, to taste
Sea salt

Directions:

Prepare the brownie mix per instructions. Pour batter evenly into mini cupcake tray liners.

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking

15 Responses to “Salted Caramel Brownie Bites”

Jenn — November 12, 2013 @ 4:23 am

Oh my, those look divine!!! I have some caramel sauce in the panty too that I was trying to figure out what to do with……… now I know :)

Susan — November 12, 2013 @ 5:45 am

You can’t beat simple and fast! Looks yummy, Pam!

vanillasugarblog — November 12, 2013 @ 6:48 am

Pam you got the really good sea salt!
    I love easy and tasty.

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — November 12, 2013 @ 8:03 am

I love a few ingredients brownie recipe!

Carmen Rosa — November 12, 2013 @ 10:30 am

Oh my gosh, how incredibly cute are those??? Delicious!!!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — November 12, 2013 @ 11:35 am

Caramel and brownie…Pam, that’s a dream combo for the dessert!

Marjie — November 12, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

Brownie Bites are a great idea! i like that brand, too, and their reduced fat mix is really quite good, although it takes a bit longer to cook than the regular. (Note that you can use egg beaters – 1/4 cup per egg – in lieu of the eggs, and no one will know the difference.) Great birthday treat you’ve created!

The Café Sucre Farine — November 12, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

They look gorgeous too Pam, can’t beat that; delicious and pretty!

Jovina Coughlin — November 12, 2013 @ 7:07 pm

This looks like a fun recipe. I’ll have to try it. My husband loves brownies and caramel.

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness — November 12, 2013 @ 7:38 pm

These looks so yummy. I love the combination of brownie and caramel.

Joanne — November 12, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

The salted caramel is SUCH a nice touch! I wouldn’t be able to stop at just one of these!

grace — November 14, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

semi-homemade at its finest. :)

EnjoyFood365.com Salted Caramel Brownie Bites - EnjoyFood365.com — November 15, 2013 @ 10:35 am

[...] (Source) Tweet (function() { var s = document.createElement('SCRIPT'), s1 = document.getElementsByTagName('SCRIPT')[0]; s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = 'http://widgets.digg.com/buttons.js'; s1.parentNode.insertBefore(s, s1); })(); POSTED IN » Dessert [...]

Selva — November 17, 2013 @ 8:30 am

They look delicious , except , I do not like use like to use ready mix… I like homemade everything. So, ill make my homemade brownies but ill make with caramel from this recipe . Thanks.:)

HotSauceWizard.com — November 19, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

Great! It would be perfect if it is all home made, but its chocolate, I love chocolate! Thanks for sharing!