Maple-Mustard Baked Salmon

I found a new recipe from Salu-Salo Recipes for salmon that looked and sounded delicious. The recipe was super simple to make and it had just a few ingredients. The fish turned out flavorful, moist, and very tasty. My husband isn’t a big fan of sweetened fish marinades so this was  just an okay for him but the rest of us gobbled it up. I served this salmon with the Roasted Vegetable Israeli Couscous and a salad for a healthy and delicious meal.

Put salmon in a long baking dish then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Combine the maple syrup and mustard together in a bowl; mix well. Pour the marinade over the salmon, cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil then coat with cooking spray.

Remove the salmon from the marinade and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.

Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, being careful not to overcook.  Check the fish by gently poking through the fillet with a fork to see if it flakes apart.

Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Maple-Mustard Baked Salmon

Yield: 4

Cook Time: 10-12 min.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 lb salmon fillet
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/4 cup whole seed mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Remove the salmon from the marinade and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Check the fish by gently poking through the fillet with a fork to see if it flakes apart.

Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Salu-Salo Recipes

17 Responses to “Maple-Mustard Baked Salmon”

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — April 24, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

I plan on making this for my “solo night girls in, by myself” dinner tomorrow night – thank you! Do you know if dried mustard would work at all?

Anne ~ Uni Homemaker — April 24, 2013 @ 9:58 pm

I’m always looking for new ways to make salmon. Thank you for posting this recipe Pam. Will give this one a try the next time I make salmon.

Jenn — April 25, 2013 @ 5:27 am

My friend just told me she made a maple-mustard salmon just two days ago!! I thought it sounded good… but now I’m completely sold!!!

Bill — April 25, 2013 @ 6:58 am

This salmon recipe looks fantastic. So easy and will make a great weeknight dinner. We eat a lot of salmon, so I’ll definitely be trying this. Thanks for sharing!

Joanne — April 25, 2013 @ 9:17 am

The maple-mustard combo for salmon is one of my favorites! All the flavors compliment each other so well.

teresa — April 25, 2013 @ 9:47 am

i had a salmon similar to this not too long ago and it was amazing!! i adore those flavors together, this looks awesome!

Tracy | Peanut Butter and Onion — April 25, 2013 @ 11:48 am

I loooove salmon!!! I looove maple… this is awesome

Marjie — April 25, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

Sounds like an interesting marinade combo! My hubby loves maple syrup, but I’m not sure he’d go for the sweet/fish combo, either.

Larry — April 25, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

I’m not much of a sweet fan either, but this looks delicious.

Blond Duck — April 25, 2013 @ 7:32 pm

I’ll have to try that this weekend!

Words Of Deliciousness — April 25, 2013 @ 7:41 pm

The salmon looks great! I like the flavors – maple and mustard, sounds like a wonderful combination.

Gwen @SimplyHealthyFamily — April 25, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

Thank you so much for posting this recipe! We adore salmon and can’t wait to try a new way to enjoy it! Pinned!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 26, 2013 @ 12:11 am

If you husband didn’t eat his serving, I’ll gladly help you “take care” of it :)

Angie@Angie's Recipes — April 26, 2013 @ 9:18 am

wow Pam…my mouth is watering terribly! The salmon looks so dang fresh and delicious.

Anna — April 26, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

Looks delicious! I only have dijon mustard. Do you think that would work? I don’t have whole mustard seed.

• Pam replied: — April 26th, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

Anna,

It may change the flavor of the dish because Dijon has a stronger more spicy flavor. Let me know how it turns out.

Rhonda (@diningalone) — April 26, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

wow, I will take your husband’s piece! This looks like something I would love.