Update & Soups

A quick note to let you all know how much I appreciate your kind words and support during this painful time with my back. After dealing with weeks of pain and it not improving I am headed to get an MRI on Thursday. I am hoping they will then know what course to take in my healing.

Since I am obviously not up to cooking or leaning over to take photos, I have no new recipes for you today.  However, since it has been so cold this week I am leaving you with some of my favorite soup recipes that are sure to warm you up.

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder

Spinach Lasagna Soup

Chicken and Basil Dumplings

Southwestern Cream of Chicken Soup

Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil

Hungarian Mushroom Soup

Manhattan Clam Chowder

Cheese and Potato Soup

Pasta e Fagioli

Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup

Tuscan Soup

24 Responses to “Update & Soups”

Words Of Deliciousness — January 23, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

I hope that you get good new on Thursday after your MRI, and that you can start process of healing.

Mary — January 23, 2013 @ 9:46 pm

Praying that you will have good news on Thursday. Grinning to see just how many of these soups I have made. Thanks again for all of the wonderful recipes, Pam.

kimwithak — January 23, 2013 @ 10:10 pm

Hope your feeling better soon!
    I made your Korean Street Tacos last night and the 3 of us devoured them! So yummy! Can’t wait to make more!
    These soups look great too!

Kris — January 23, 2013 @ 10:23 pm

Oh Pam, I am so sorry to hear you are still in so much pain with your back! I will be thinking of you, and praying for healing!
    Hugs,
    Kris

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — January 23, 2013 @ 10:31 pm

All the best with the MRI! I really hope everything is okay!

Carmen Rosa — January 24, 2013 @ 1:54 am

Uuuuuaauuuuu!!! Thes soups look delicious. I hope your feeling better.

Kevin (Closet Cooking) — January 24, 2013 @ 3:23 am

What a tasty roundup of soups!

Debbie — January 24, 2013 @ 3:43 am

We can use those soups here today….cold and snowing. Hope the mri helps and can pinpoint what is going on!

Andrea@WellnessNotes — January 24, 2013 @ 3:53 am

All your soups look great!
    Hope you’ll get some answers after the MRI!

Kim in MD — January 24, 2013 @ 4:18 am

Oh, Pam…I’m so sorry you are still in pain! I hope the MRI shows what’s wrong and you get some relief soon!

The soups all look delicious. We are in the midst of the artic blast, and woke up to snow this morning, so soup will be on the menu today for sure! I just have to figure out which one of your delicious recipes to make!

Jenn — January 24, 2013 @ 4:26 am

I hope you find relief soon, Pam. Good luck at the doctors!!! And take care of you!!

bellini — January 24, 2013 @ 5:02 am

I am happy to know they are going to do some investigation with your back. In the meantime thanks for giving us some comforting recipes for these cold winter days.

Joanne — January 24, 2013 @ 6:47 am

I hope the MRI comes up with a definitive diagnosis so you can start getting better! I demand MRIs whenever I feel like something really bad is going on with my legs (cough stress fractures cough) and I’m usually right. They’re the only way to go sometimes.

Carmen — January 24, 2013 @ 9:19 am

Pam, sending healing thoughts for your back. May you recover soon. I have not been here in awhile. We had some major life changes last year (took a huge leap of faith into our biggest dream and it is taking time to get settled). But, I am glad to be back visiting your blog and all your delicious recipes. Believe it or not, it actually feels cold in the tropics, with cold winds and rain from the north, and your soup recipes look warm and comforting. Thank you.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — January 24, 2013 @ 11:13 am

I hope you continue to feel better, Pam! Thinking of you during this difficult time. Thanks for sharing all these delicious looking soups. I’ve got to try your clam chowdah!

teresa — January 24, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

oh pam, i’m so sorry! back pain is just awful! i hope they find what is going on with you soon!

vanillasugarblog — January 24, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

oh pam i hope it’s nothing serious.
    i used to have major lower back pains, and finally fixed them by working out more.
    not for everyone, but i wanted to heal this my way.
    let me know how it goes.

Diane Troxell — January 24, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your back problems. I know from experience how painful that can be. I had 3 epidural steroid injections (outpatient surgery) and they worked like magic. Might be something to consider.

Rhonda — January 24, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

I hope the MRI gives you some answers. Healing vibes coming your way!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — January 25, 2013 @ 6:41 am

Pam, all the best!

Chris — January 25, 2013 @ 10:03 am

I hope it went well yesterday! Hang in there!

Roz — January 25, 2013 @ 3:20 pm

Hi Pam,

So sorry to hear about your back and hopefully there will be more information from the MRI. I had back surgery this summer after the results of my MRI (3 degenerated discs)…surgery recovery was painful, but the end results are miraculous! Thanks for ALL of these tremendous soup recipes now that we’re in full-swing winter cold!

Best wishes for a positive MRI and to your health,
    Roz

grace — January 26, 2013 @ 8:37 am

i’m sorry things haven’t improved–how frustrating! hang in there, pam.

Jeri — January 28, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

Pam, can’t believe how dedicated you are to keep updating the site while under the weather!
    Just as a temporary measure you might want to try is having Arnica rubbed on your back – it’s a naturopathic remedy for aches, pains, swelling and bruises that has been effective for me. Readily available at health stores, some food chains (Whole Foods and others) and online. Bonus it’s a free gentle massage that may raise your spirits!