Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana Milkshake

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana MilkshakeMy daughter just got braces and her mouth and teeth are hurting her badly. To cheer her up this afternoon, after an excruciating orthodontist appointment, I made her a chocolate, strawberry, and banana milkshake. She wanted just chocolate but I decided to throw some fruit in to make it semi healthy. Both she and my son really loved their milkshakes and thankfully it made her sore mouth feel a little bit better.

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana Milkshake:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of
  • 3 scoops of chocolate ice cream
  • 1/3 cup of milk
  • 4-5 strawberries, sliced
  • 1 banana, sliced

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana Milkshake

Combine the ice cream, milk, sliced strawberries, and sliced banana together in a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Serve in a tall glass with a strawberry garnish. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana Milkshake

Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of

27 Responses to “Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana Milkshake”

Lorena — September 21, 2011 @ 6:41 am

A nice way to end the summer!

Hovkonditorn — September 21, 2011 @ 6:47 am

What a lovely milkshake!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente — September 21, 2011 @ 7:25 am

Love milkshakes and this sounds particularly good. Diane

Angela — September 21, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Saporitissimo, eccezionale, delizioso.. adoro i milkshake, li farei ogni mattino ^_^

Asian-spice mix — September 21, 2011 @ 11:26 am

Chocolate and strawberry always good together,never try with banana but sound good to me :)

Anonymous — September 21, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

Oh, the dreaded braces! I feel so bad for your daughter, Pam. My daughter had to wear braces for three years, but the first 2 weeks were the worst! She lost 5 lbs. in the first week (which she could not afford to lose, unlike me) dispite the fact that I was making her milkshakes for every meal! It does get better, and it is all worth it in the end, but those first couple of weeks are the pits!

The Blonde Duck — September 21, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

Poor thing!

PeggyR — September 21, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

Hope your daughter is better. This sounds very good.

Lenia — September 21, 2011 @ 4:13 pm

Braces:the nightmare of my childhood!Great way to cajole your daughter:)))

Andrea@WellnessNotes — September 21, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

Hope your daughter is feeling better! Glad she at least got to enjoy a yummy smoothie!

Gloria — September 21, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

absolutely nice Pam, my twins will have braces the next month maybe, so this is amazing!! look delicious, hope your daughter will be OK soon, gloria

Jen — September 21, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

Milkshakes, scrambled eggs, applesauce, yogurt – all excellent choices right after your braces are adjusted. I had them for 3 years as an adult, I would take an Advil right after the adjustment and then take a nap, typically. Doesn't always work timewise but it always made me feel better!

Marjie — September 21, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

My youngest son has been measured for braces, and I have to go talk to the orthodontist about the plan of attack tonight. So your daughter has my sympathy. I'll have to remember this milkshake for my son.

Erin — September 21, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

What a great milkshake! Fruity, and healthy too!

Mary — September 21, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

This sounds like a great milkshake. I'm cringing just remembering my years in braces. I'm glad the milkshake helped!

Maria — September 21, 2011 @ 11:04 pm

Love this flavor!

The Duo Dishes — September 22, 2011 @ 12:37 am

You win the Best Mom Award. Bet she loved this!

Joanne — September 22, 2011 @ 12:40 am

I had braces for six years and the entire experience would have been MUCH better if my mom had made me this milkshake!

Words Of Deliciousness — September 22, 2011 @ 2:23 am

The milkshake sounds great, I like the flavor combination. I am glad it made your daughter feel better. I remember when my kids got their braces, it was no picnic, but the end result is worth it.

Quay Po Cooks — September 22, 2011 @ 3:16 am

It has been a while since I had a glass of nice milkshake. Yours make me want one now. What sweet way to cheer up your daughter! Hope she feels better now.

Mandy — September 22, 2011 @ 3:35 am

Aww poor girl, she seems so young for braces. I'm glad that this milkshake made her feel better.

Kris — September 22, 2011 @ 4:15 am

mia xara — September 22, 2011 @ 5:39 am

Slurp!!!I love homemade milkshakes and so do my kids!!This is a great combination;I'm sure your daughter will feel way better after a couple of shakes..When my son started wearing them it was "nightmare on Elm st." at

EliFla — September 22, 2011 @ 7:10 am

I'm going to prepare it this afetrenoon and I'm going to think to you..have a very nice day, hugs, Flavia

Michelle — September 22, 2011 @ 9:48 pm

OOOH! I love chocolate and this flavor combination sounds really yummy!

grace — September 24, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

i remember when i got braces–my face hurt for weeks, nay, years, but the worst part was the first few days. a milkshake like this would definitely ease the pain!

Kaitlyn Cannon — October 10, 2012 @ 6:56 am

Hi. My name is Kaitlyn Cannon and I am a high school student in the state of South Carolina. I was hoping to get your permission to use one of the images in this post for a current project. If granted, I’d include any information you desire along with the picture (for credit). I would greatly appreciate a swift reply in my email.
    Thanks in advance,