Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins

These muffins literally disappeared within 10 minutes after taking them out of the oven. Seriously. We all really loved them, especially the kids. The muffins were filled with sweet and juicy blueberries and topped with a tasty streusel crumb topping – perfection! Simple to make and a delicious and tasty breakfast treat. I look forward to baking these again!

Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by A Cup of Sugar…A Pinch of Salt

• 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup of butter, melted & slightly cooled
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2/3 cup of milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and mix well.

In another small bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. Fill muffins cups to the top (mine only filled 10).

Streusel Topping:

• 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/4 cup of flour
  • 1/4 cup of butter, cubed
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon

Combine the ingredients together in a bowl using a fork or hands. Mix until it is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over each muffin.

Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan before moving to a rack. Serve slathered with butter or plain – either way is good! Enjoy.

7 Responses to “Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins”

Joan Hayes@chocolate and more — March 11, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

These look scrumptious! So glad I found you on pinterest! Will be making these soon! (I have blueberries in the fridge now)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — March 13, 2012 @ 10:37 pm

I’ve been craving coffee cake muffins so I will be making this tomorrow! Thank god for frozen blueberries. Saves me a trip to the grocery store :)

LaLa — June 10, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

I made these this morning for breakfast and they rocked!! i used king Arthur flour and king Arthur whole wheat flour (1 c reg 1/2 c whole wheat) Madagascar vanilla, and Saigon cinnamon. they were DELISH!!!!!

Aly — July 19, 2012 @ 10:59 am

I am making these right now! For some reason my streusel topping came out more like a dough, but I did my best to crumble it on top… It smells so good! I love this blog! I’ve made a lot of recipes from here….one of my favourites is the Tuscan chicken with spinach & black beans! Yum!!!

Aly — July 19, 2012 @ 11:00 am

White beans*

Juli — April 14, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

Aly- was your butter cold, room temperature, or melted? A streusel topping, much like piemdough, requires that you use cold butter and the cut it into the mixture using forks or a pastry knife. If you used warm or melted butter, it will come out more like a batter.

Lori — August 6, 2013 @ 7:40 pm

I made these yesterday! Delish! Thank you for sharing the recipe!