Ground Beef, Black Bean, and Cheddar Cheese Taquitos

We had friends coming over for dinner but I wasn’t in the mood to cook a big meal so I decided to brown some ground beef with a bunch of seasonings, add some onion, and black beans then use that mixture to make taquitos. I didn’t have a lot of corn tortillas so I made the taquitos thicker than usual to make them a bit heartier. I baked them in the oven and they turned out crisp and delicious. I served them with a side of homemade guacamole and salsa.

Ground Beef, Black Bean, and Cheddar Cheese Taquitos:

• 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 lb of lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • Dash of red pepper flakes
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and break the meat into crumbles. Add the onion as well as the seasonings then cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the drained and rinsed can of black beans to the beef mixture then stir until well combined. Set aside.

Other Ingredients:

• Corn tortillas (I ended up using two different kinds to use up what I had)
  • Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wrap 10 corn tortillas in damp paper towels for 1-2 minutes in the microwave to soften. Place a bit cheese in the center of the tortilla then top with a bit of ground beef mixture and roll. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet that’s been coated with cooking spray. Finish rolling the rest of the taquitos, then spray each of them with cooking spray.

Place in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes then turn over and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.

Dips:

Serve the taquitos immediately. Enjoy.

19 Responses to “Ground Beef, Black Bean, and Cheddar Cheese Taquitos”

Nina Timm — August 23, 2010 @ 3:38 am

I love how you can always think on your feet when quests arrive. It is a rare quality!!! Love meal!

Anonymous — August 23, 2010 @ 3:57 am

I was the lucky guest of this creative and talented chef:) They were wonderful and I highly recommend them w/ the homeade guac. Perfect meal with great friends!!!

The Duo Dishes — August 23, 2010 @ 4:11 am

Lots of flavor in these. It's great to be able to share recipes like this with friends.

Healthy and Homemade — August 23, 2010 @ 5:19 am

YUM! I like that these will fix your craving for crispy fast food but in an affordable and healthier way! =D

Nithu — August 23, 2010 @ 5:41 am

Looks wonderful and tempting.

Weekly Menu Plan, May 13 – May 19 | Everyday Home Cook — May 13, 2012 @ 11:20 am

[...] soon!) Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa “Chicago Seven” Calzones using my pizza dough Ground Beef Taquitos (new recipe to us) Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes (new recipe to us) Dinner with friends [...]

Terry — July 30, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

Made these today, or I guess now it would be yesterday, sooo yummy! We will be adding this to our favs!

Natasha — July 31, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

Would this work in a conventional oven? We’re getting out kitchen remodeled and our oven isn’t hooked up yet. So I’m hoping to cook this scrumptious dinner in the little convec oven. Thanks! Looks amaaaazing :)

• Pam replied: — July 31st, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

I am sure it would work just fine!

Staceu — August 2, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I make these for my picky husband and son and they love them! I’ve used regular flour tortillas as well as wheat tortillas. I also add a can of corn for a little more texture. They always ask for these when I ask for suggestions for dinners!

Natalee — August 27, 2012 @ 10:20 am

In the first step you describe are you only cooking the raw meat 4-5 minutes and having it finish in the oven? or are you saying cook the meat till brown then add seasonings and onions? Sorry just concerned, don’t want to serve raw meat.

• Pam replied: — August 27th, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

Natalee,

Cook your meat until it’s browned… it will finish cooking in the oven. I hope this helps.

Stephanie — September 29, 2012 @ 8:59 pm

Just made these tonight with refried beans instead of black beans and they were delicious and SO easy! Thanks for sharing!

What I’ve Been Making | theblondelawyer — October 27, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

[...] Beef & Bean Taquitos [...]

Trish — January 3, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

I just made these minus the beans (we just moved and my canned goods are in a box somewhere!) and they were delicious. And easy! I’ll definitely make them again :)

Monthly Meal Plan 4 — March 17, 2013 @ 6:53 pm

[...] Ground Beef, Black Bean & Cheese Taquitos [...]

Top 5 Pins This Week – Recipes | The Domestic Four — June 4, 2013 @ 11:21 am

[...] Ground Beef, Black Bean, and Cheddar Cheese Taquitos from [...]

25 Delicious Ground Beef Recipes | Six Sisters' Stuff — August 9, 2013 @ 10:47 am

[...] you some new options!   After all, "Beef, it's what's for dinner!" Glazed Mini Meatloaves Ground Beef Bean and Cheese Taquitos  Sour Cream Noodle Bake  Dressed Up Sloppy Joes  Beef Stroganoff  BBQ Comfort Meatballs [...]

40 Meals You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less - Intentional By Grace — January 28, 2014 @ 10:06 pm

[...] says 30 minutes, but I can get this done in 20!} Creamy Green Chili Beef on Noodles @ Red and Honey Ground Beef, Black Bean, and Cheddar Taquitos @ For the Love of Cooking Ground Beef Tacos @ Delish Blog Fried Round Steak @ The Pioneer [...]