Mediterranean Chicken Thighs

I was in the mood for Mediterranean flavors so I picked up some chicken thighs and marinated them in some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and red wine vinegar for a few hours. The meat was tender, juicy, and very flavorful – this dish was a huge hit with my entire family. I served this chicken with Greek Orzo for a delicious and healthy meal.

Mediterranean Chicken Thighs:

• 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any fat
  • 4-5 tbsp olive oil
  • Juice and zest of one lemon
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients together in a large zip lock bag. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large OVEN PROOF skillet over medium high heat. Coat the skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Once the skillet is hot, lay the chicken thighs smooth side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and place in the oven. Cook for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Let the meat rest for a few minutes. While the meat rests, pour the marinade into the skillet and cook over high heat until it boils rapidly, about 1-2 minutes. Place the chicken on a serving plate and pour the boiled marinade on top. Enjoy.

8 Responses to “Mediterranean Chicken Thighs”

Kristen — July 6, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Delicious recipe. I really like it. Best served with some crusty bread or on a bed of couscous. Thanks

Cara — September 26, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

I am making this tonight, an I know it will be fabulous coming from you!
    Whenever I have to cook for my in-laws I come find a recipe from you and it's always a hit!

Diane — January 23, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

Pam,
    I have made this so many times. We are having it for dinner tonight. It is marinating as I write this. My whole family loves this chicken and it is great for leftovers. Boiling the sauce is a must. So Good!!

Dinner Recipes Using Chicken Thighs Healthy | Dinner Recipies With Chicken — September 10, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

[...] For The Love Of Cooking » Mediterranean Chicken ThighsThis chicken with Greek Orzo for a delicious and healthy meal. Mediterranean Chicken Thighs: We are having it for dinner tonight. It is marinating as I write this. My whole family loves this chicken and it is great for leftovers. Recipes; Contact; As Featured In; My Pantry … Return Document [...]

Menu Plan 11/25/2012 - You look alittle kale.... | FitmissFitmiss — November 25, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

[...] – Mediterranean Chicken, Beans and Greens, [...]

Eleanor — January 8, 2013 @ 6:44 pm

Delicious and easy recipe. The family loved it. Have gotten many recipes from this site. Thanks.

Eleanor — January 18, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

Made this again tonight…even better the second time and soooo easy. Used 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Perfect.

Aury — January 16, 2014 @ 5:52 am

We didn’t sear the chicken off, just baked it at 400F for 25 minutes. VERY flavorful!! I had poured all of the marinade over the chicken before cooking, so I tossed some boiled potatoes in it. My picky daughter LOVED every bit of it!
    Makes fantastic leftovers also! Bake ahead & toss some into your lunch later in the week!!