Greek Orzo

I wanted a quick, simple, and delicious side dish to pair with my Mediterranean Chicken Thighs so I decided to make a Greek inspired orzo dish. I added spinach, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and red onion to the orzo then dressed it lightly with olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, freshly cracked lemon pepper, and feta cheese. The dish was light, healthy, and so tasty. We all enjoyed this dish very much and it paired nicely with the chicken.

Greek Orzo:

• 8 oz of orzo, prepared per instructions
  • Handful of baby spinach
  • Handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • Handful of kalamata olives, sliced in half
  • 2 tbsp red onion, diced
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • Juice of 1/2 a small lemon
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked lemon pepper, to taste
  • Oregano, to taste
  • Feta cheese, to taste

Cook the orzo in salted water per instructions, drain the orzo then place back into the pot. Add the baby spinach, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, freshly cracked lemon pepper, and oregano, to taste. Stir until even mixed. Pour into a serving dish and top with feta cheese. Enjoy.

11 Responses to “Greek Orzo”

Megan — June 26, 2010 @ 11:11 am

OMG its Fantastic as a side dish. I loved the recipe! thanx for sharing.

Kara — July 1, 2010 @ 6:39 pm

Its really nice photos and inspiration for cooking. i'll be following your feeds ("feeds", haha. sorry, thanks for sharing.

Samantha — July 3, 2010 @ 10:42 am

Well, Thanks for posting a few more Mediterranean/Greek recipes! Maybe it's the pregnancy, but I am hooked on those flavors right now! Keep 'em coming! good luck.

Michelle — July 5, 2010 @ 5:30 pm

It was a good salad but I found the flavor a little bland. Would like to try again but add different flavors.

Victoria — July 7, 2010 @ 7:45 am

Lynn — July 8, 2010 @ 7:30 am

Well, I agree with you. This is really a fast and quick to do and the taste is good. I do enjoy eating this.Thank you for your post looking forward to know more about your recipe please continue posting :)

Diane — July 8, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

Well this Chicken thighs for my fam and parents and they all agreed both those recipes are keepers. Delish! Thanks Pam! keep it up.

Jane — July 9, 2010 @ 4:20 pm

Thanks for posting a few more Mediterranean/Greek recipes! Maybe it's the pregnancy, but I am hooked on those flavors right now! looking forward for your next post, thanx.

Katie — July 11, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

ohh..I think its delicious to prepare in the morning for breakfast..Looks so yummy :)

Maggie — May 24, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

This Greek salad looks inviting and healthy too- thanks!

Polina — July 22, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

Fabulous recipe, thank you! I made it with the Mediterranean chicken thighs and they were both great.