Tomato, Basil, Feta and Garlic Pizza
I was craving a margarita pizza for lunch so my son and I decided to make our own version. We had a great time making lunch together. My son spread the sauce and cheese all over the dough. I sprinkled a bit of fresh minced garlic and freshly chopped basil on top. We baked it before topping it with extra basil, tomato slices, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. We all really loved this pizza… my daughter wants the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.Tomato, Basil, Feta and Garlic Pizza:
- Cooking spray
- Corn meal
- 1 ball of pizza dough (I used store bought)
- 1 container of pizza sauce (Trader Joe’s is really good)
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles (I used reduced fat)
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over followed by the feta. Next, carefully spread the garlic all over the pizza being careful not to drop in large clumps. Top with half of the fresh chopped basil.
Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Add the sliced tomatoes, remaining fresh basil then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe – For the Love of Cooking.net