Roasted Vegetable Medley
We were leaving town for the weekend and I needed to use up the vegetables in my refrigerator. I grabbed the fennel, zucchini, squash, onion, green beans and asparagus. I roasted the fennel and onion for 30 minutes then added the rest of the vegetables and roasted until fork tender. I topped it with lemon zest and fresh shaved Parmesan cheese. It was a delicious side dish that we all really loved.
- Handful of green beans, trimmed
- Handful of asparagus spears, ends removed
- 1/2 a fennel bulb, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 an onion, sliced into chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into spears
- 1 zucchini, cut into spears
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Zest of one lemon
- Parmesan cheese shavings
Chop the onion and fennel into large chunks, making sure to leave the cores on so the chunks stay attached. Drizzle with one teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven. Add the other vegetables to the baking sheet, drizzle the last teaspoon of olive oil over the veggies and re-season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender. Top with lemon zest and Parmesan shavings. Enjoy.