Greek Salad with a Lemon Garlic Dressing

Greek Salad with a Lemon Garlic Dressing
I wanted a fresh salad to go with the Greek Style Minestrone with Turkey and Feta Meatballs I made for dinner. I just grabbed whatever ingredients I had on hand. The salad was simple, crisp, salty, garlicky and a bit tart. I really, really loved the flavors – my husband and kids liked it as much as I did. Simple ingredients sometimes make the tastiest dishes.

• Romaine lettuce, chopped
  • Kalamata olives
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Cucumber, seeded and chopped
  • Feta cheese
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

Lemon Garlic Dressing:

• 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
  • 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp red wine vinegar
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano

Greek Salad with a Lemon Garlic Dressing
Whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Taste and re-season if needed. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve. Enjoy.

Greek Salad with a Lemon Garlic Dressing
Click here for a printable version of this recipe

6 Responses to “Greek Salad with a Lemon Garlic Dressing”

Susan — April 1, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

Your link to the minestrone isn’t working from this page. I’m loving your site, thanks for the great recipes and great pictures!

Alice — June 5, 2012 @ 12:11 pm

I discovered your website few weeks ago but yesterday I cooked my first recipe from you! I was looking for something ‘simple’ but new, same kind of products (tomatoes, salad,…) with different tastes. Easy but wonderful, I love it! Thank you so much :)

Weekly Meal Plan — July 22, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

[…] Greek salad with homemade foccacia […]

Nathan Graham — March 29, 2013 @ 10:55 am

I made this with goat cheese rather than feta, and was quite shocked when I found that tossing it with the dressing it caused it to soften and become part OF the dressing. But my family loved it that way and that’s how I’ve made it ever since. It’s wonderfully creamy.

Love this recipe.

Johanna — April 15, 2015 @ 7:05 am

I was wondering what the measurements for the salad are. I wold like to make this for a gathering of twenty people

Pam — April 15, 2015 @ 7:37 am

I made a salad for eight. So you will need to double or triple the dressing recipe. I don’t measure salad ingredients. You will want at least a cup of lettuce per person, unless it’s the main course, then you will want more.