Chocolate Chip, Toffee and Almond Cookies

Our friends were coming to our house for dinner and they were bringing all the food! Don’t I have great friends? Anyway, I made a salad and the kids and I decided to bake some cookies. We looked through the baking ingredients and decided that toffee chips and almond slivers along with chocolate chips would make wonderful cookies. We had fun getting our hands dirty and baking these beauties. They were soft, chewy and rich while the toffee gave them a great crunch. These were the most fantastic cookies! There were 7 of us (four adults/three children) and only 2 cookies remained at the end of the night. They were that good.

• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of toffee pieces
  • 1/2 cup of slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in the flour mixture then stir in the chocolate chips, toffee chips and almond slivers. Drop small spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

Awards:

I received the Yummy Blog Award from Jan at Range Warfare. Jan’s blog is one of my favorites. She’s an excellent writer and cook. Her recipes are always tempting and tasty. Thank you for thinking of me Jan – it means a lot.

I will be passing this award on to some amazing food blogs – make sure to check them out.

I received the I love you this much award from HoneyB at The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch. HoneyB is constantly baking delicious treats and inspires me to bake more. Thank you HoneyB – this award means a lot!

I am passing this award on to the following – make sure you check out their sites!

• Nat from Hot off the Garlic Press. This girl knows how to cook! I love her fun and creative recipes. She truly is talented.
  • Natasha from Tastorama. I love Natasha’s blog…she always has beautiful recipes and great pictures.
  • Nicole from Test Kitchen Recipes. She makes great recipes that are family friendly and delicious
  • Lisa from Jersey Girl Cooks – I love Lisa’s site. She has terrific recipes and great stories.

It’s so hard to pick just a few blogs because I love so many. So, to the other great bloggers out there – these awards are for you too! Take them and pass them on.

On a side note:

My husband and I were outside last night enjoying the warm evening when we realized it was a full moon. My husband grabbed the camera and took this shot. Pretty cool!!

20 Responses to “Chocolate Chip, Toffee and Almond Cookies”

Paula — September 15, 2008 @ 6:26 am

Congrats on your awards! Love these cookies. It’s so wonderful how you bake with your kids. I’ll take those last two cookies, please! Love the moon shot; haven’t these past few days been just glorious outside?!

hot garlic — September 15, 2008 @ 12:30 pm

Oh! Thanks Pam! I love you this much too!

These cookies look PERFECT, just the way I like them. It’s like they almost have a sheen too them -you can tell they are chewy -which is EXACTLY what I’m after!

Marjie — September 15, 2008 @ 2:42 pm

You do have nice friends, to bring all the food! Great cookies!

Cheryl — September 15, 2008 @ 3:08 pm

Those look and sound yummy and I love the shot of the moon! too cool!

Maria — September 15, 2008 @ 3:36 pm

Your cookies look SO good! Toffee is my favorite!! I have a toffee cookie I make but I never include almonds. I will have to try them!

Julie — September 15, 2008 @ 3:50 pm

I’ve actually found that adding 1/2 cup of bran buds to that chocolate chip recipe adds a little crunch, and strangely enough, a toffee flavor!

HDMac — September 15, 2008 @ 4:41 pm

THose cookies sure look GREAT! I could use one right about now and it is only 9:36 in the morning! lol

Congratulations on the award! You have a GREAT blog.

And that pic is fantastic. Must have a good camera and a great photographer of a hubby! lol. I try to take shots of the full moon from our house but they just don’t turn out very good with my digital.

hayleynichols88 — September 15, 2008 @ 5:25 pm

I love to bake cookies but we always make the same plain choc chip ones, these look like a great variation, I MUST give them a try! I also came across your chimichanga recipe, my boyfriend tried one on holiday and loved it so I’ll have to make those for him too!

The Blonde Duck — September 15, 2008 @ 5:44 pm

Those cookies look fabulous. Congrats on your awards! You deserve them.

Jessie — September 15, 2008 @ 6:04 pm

great photos :) You make the best looking cookies around.

Usha — September 15, 2008 @ 6:16 pm

Congratulations on your well deserved award…cookies look awesome,I am surprised there were even a couple left at the end of the day :) Great picture of the moon..

Lisa — September 15, 2008 @ 7:43 pm

Congrats on your awards! Thanks so much for passing one on to me. These are my kind of chocolate chip cookies. Great moon shot!

Natasha — September 15, 2008 @ 9:08 pm

Thanks so much :*
    Do you think you could pass some of those cookies with the award? :)

Manggy — September 16, 2008 @ 12:58 am

Nawwwww, I won’t believe that moon shot isn’t scanned from a book! It’s too perfect! :D Congratulations on the well-deserved awards!
    Those cookies do look really moreish, perfect with a little bit of salt on top!! :)

Girl Japan — September 16, 2008 @ 1:26 am

Ohh… Toffee… You did deep down into my sweet spot– hehe “wink”!

Goodness you are an excellent baker = )

Jenny — September 16, 2008 @ 5:08 am

Thanks for the award Pam!! I can’t wait to browse through all your latest recipes when I get unpacked! Have a great night!

Grace — September 16, 2008 @ 9:08 am

you said the magic word–toffee. i can’t seem to resist any dessert made with those little bits of deliciousness. :)
    congrats on the awards, and great shot of mr moon.

Elle — September 16, 2008 @ 4:37 pm

I love these! And yeah, you have awesome friends! Congrats on your awards, and the moon shot is gorgeous.

PaniniKathy — September 17, 2008 @ 4:34 am

Chocolate, toffee and almonds? Sign me up! I’d love to take down that stack of fresh-baked cookies :-) Many congrats on your awards – you totally deserve them!

JillyRae — September 22, 2008 @ 8:14 pm

I made these on Friday and they are all GONE! I replaced the slivered almonds with coursely chopped cashews…thank-you for sharing the recipe…it’s a definate keeper!